This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why does Untitled appear at the top of my website?

Why does "Untitled - Windows Internet Explorer" and "Untitled Mozilla Firefox" appear at the top of my website?

Re: Why does Untitled appear at the top of my website?

Probably because the title of your site is "Untitled". There are several kinds of software that will use this until you change it to something more appropriate.

look in the HTML of your site and change the code in between the
< title> Untitled < /title>

tags

Anna
look in the HTML of your site and change the code in between the
< title> Untitled < /title>

tags

Hi Anna

Tried inserting that code with a relevant title inserted where "Untitled" is. All that i see is the Words that i have entered into the " " area and they are at the top of my webpage but not right up at the top where the E for IE is in the top left hand corner of my screen.

You need to be a little careful when user's post code incorrectly. Anna placed extra spaces in the code, so that the forum would not delete the code. It is assumed that you know this, but not everyone does. The extra spaces are convenient, but disable the HTML codes in your page, if you don't remove them. If you don't remove the spaces in the HTML, the code will simply be listed at the top of your page.

That's why the forum provides us with "BBCode". The correct code for the page title should be as listed below. This code should be in the "head" of a HTML page.

Code:
<title>Untitled</title>

But, this doesn't sound like your problem. Are you saying that "Untitled - Windows Internet Explorer" and "Untitled Mozilla Firefox" appear at the top of your web page? Generally, if you have the "title" code correct, you will get one or the other at the top of your browser window. It just depends on which browser you are using. If this is at the top of your web page, then there is something else wrong.

If this is just at the top of your browser, fix the title in the "head" of your web page, and that should take care of it. If this is at the top of your web page, you need to post a URL so someone can look at the page. Otherwise all we can do is guess.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....