This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wesite Listing

hi

When searching for the website it shows on google etc as "Cafe by the Park. provided by Bravenet.com" This also shows if you hover over the website in the task bar.

Whilst I am proud to be part of the Bravenet experience how do you change it?

Thanks
J

Browser: IE8

Re: Wesite Listing

Edit it? By whatever means you are using. The title is the fourth line of code on your page. I assume from your questin that you don't know HTML, but you know the text you want to change, so just leave everything else as it is.

Re: Wesite Listing

Corwings is overlooking the fact that Jonathan is using the Website Wizard. The Wizard lets you set the basic title for your website, but then adds "Provided By Bravenet" (Theme) or "A Bravenet.com Hosted Site" (Layout) on the end, when a site is "published". It does this on free and paid hosting sites. I believe this is what Bravenet refers to as "branding". Some of their paid services include branding, and requires an extra fee to have it removed.

There is a simple bit of Javascript that can be added to change the title. It can be added to your site in the same manner as the code you use for centering your web pages. Any user visiting your site would not see the extra "Provided By Bravenet" in the browser title. But it doesn't change the title in the HTML code so search engines will probably still see the extra "Provided By Bravenet".

I would recommend you open a ticket with Bravenet and ask them how you go about getting it removed. This may take an extra fee, but I believe they have done it before.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....