This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
subjects don't show

i've just created a forum. i don't know if it''s part of the same problem or a different one, but i've made 3 subjects but none of them show.

Re: subjects don't show

Same problem? Maybe you meant to add this to an existing thread instead of starting a new one? Same as what?

It's been a long time since I worked with a forum, and they've been improved since then. Is this available with free forums, or with a paid version?

oops, i clicked new post by mistake instead of reply.

this is the free one. we want to try it out before we make any decision on whether we like the one here or not.

the free forum, you're supposed to be allowed 3 subjects, and when i go back to that tab, my 3 subjects show, but when i go to view the forum i don't see them.

how bout a link so we can see your forum

I know there are other forums out there like phpbb style,

invision free, proboards

Like the topic things and fact you can put moderators and more with those

http://pub12.bravenet.com/forum/1006595716/

thanks

My first thought was that you were probably blind or stupid, and that there was something obvious you were missing. I'm still inclined to think so, but if it is any comfort at all, you are not alone. I thought I created two categories (test1 and test2) on a forum, and can't find them anywhere outside category manager.

A Category will not show up until you associate one or more forums with that Category. You just have to know the difference between a Category and a Forum.

The Free service limits you to three Categories/Forums. But let's say you have unlimited Categories and Forums available, for the sake of an example, and you are creating message forum for a variety of services.

Then, let's say you use the "Category Manager" to create a Category name "General", "Code", and "Editors". Then, using the "Forum Manager", you create seven Forums. One named "Discussion", associated with the "General" Category. Three named "HTML", "CSS", "PHP", associated with the "Code". And then three named "Visual Editor", "Theme Wizard", and "Layout Wizard" associated with the "Editors" category. When your done, you would have a Categories/Forum structure that looks like this:

• General (Category)
    • Discussion (Forum)

• Code (Category)

• HTML (Forum)

• CSS (Forum)

• PHP (Forum)

• Editors (Category)

• Visual Editor (Forum)

• Theme Wizard (Forum)

• Layout Wizard (Forum)

But with the free service, your choices are limited. You can create three Forums and associate them with three different Categories, but that might look a little odd. You really only need to create three Forums, and associate them with a single catagory.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....