This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How many pages can I have on my website?

Is there a limit to how many pages I can have on my website? The website wizard automatically puts the page names across the top of my first page - there's only space left for one more - is that all I can have?

Re: How many pages can I have on my website?

Hello,
There is no limit on number of pages you can have.
Though you may have limit on the webspace.

If you dont want page links to appear in navigation, use any external HTML editor and file manager

just remember with free hosting/free subdomains space was changed to only 5mb so can't go over that limit now

Plus one version of the wizard does limit you to a number of pages I do believe.

But don't go overboard here either.

Dwarfer,

Yes, the Website Wizard does automatically add pages to your navigation menu. When your page links exceed the available space, they will wrap around and start another line. Since your using a Wizard Layout, there isn't a real limit to the number of pages you can have. Just don't go overboard.

If you want to add images, use the "Account Images" or "Photo Album" from the "Image Picker". These images will not waste your web sites available disk space. You could upload images to your web site and then use the "Hosted Images" option, but that will waste available disk space.

Wizard Themes have a default limit of seven pages, but it's a fairly simple matter to exceed that limit. The process involves switching from a Theme to a Layout, creating extra pages, and then switching back to the Theme. The Wizard will not throw away the extra pages, but on some Themes, more than seven pages may throw off the page structure and make the site look a little odd.

Hiding pages from the Wizard's navigation menu, and still be able to edit them from within the Wizard, is possible. But Wizard users don't usually have much experience using Javascript to manipulate the navigation menu. It's a little difficult to explain thoroughly, but one of these days I may make a page that explains how to do it.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....