This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do i SELECT A USERNAME/password for Password Protect?

Hello! Please please help me!

I have a Bravenet account and I'm logged in; I have a multi-page web site and I would like to protect just one page; I've pasted the Login Form code into my website's index page. I've pasted the Security Code for Protected Pages into the page I want protected. I've been searching for quite a while on the Bravenet site for info on how I can set up the username and password that visitors would need to use, and I just can't find it. In the forum I see answers like "You do it all manually through your Bravenet account" and "Log in to your account and look up your FTP details."

I clicked on the "ftp" tab only to see this off-point message: "In order to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol), you must have a standard website created first. If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support department."

I guess I don't understand this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading@!

Browser: Firefox

Re: How do i SELECT A USERNAME/password for Password Protect?

ftp must have been the answer to a totally different question.

Log on.
Web tools.
Password protect
Create new account.
Set username, etc. etc. etc.

Well with the FTP you mentioned it saying you need a website do you EVEN HAVE your website here at bravenet or are you just using the password protect service from here

If you don't have a website here at bravenet then it will say what it did with FTP

But that is TOTALLY different from Password protect service

Why not go read the FAQ section for the PG service

Corwings, Thanks for the suggestion, but the "Web Tools" area username and password info are my ACCOUNT Username and Password. Surely I am not supposed to give someone my Bravenet account password in order to log into my website??

Many thanks,
E.

I am just trying to use the free Bravenet password protections service with my pre-existing website.

"Why not go read the FAQ section for the PG service" - thanks for the suggestion. I did read it before my first post, and I don't think it contains the information expaining how to create a username and password, hence my post to this forum!

many thanks,
e.

Seems you skipped the Create New Account step - or maybe you used your main username and password for the first account.

Photobucket

You are allowed to create 100 pw accounts.