This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
still not sure about hosting!!!

I have just joined the Bravenet community to take advantage of your web hosting service! I have built a website using Serif Webplus and bought a domain name through Nominet.com that is registrared by 123-reg.co.uk - I have just changed nameservers as requested by Bravenet. Serif keep saying to ask you for FTP address and username and password and I can then publish my site. What is the process I need to take --YES!! - I am a website virgin as well as a silver-surfer!!

Browser: google

Re: still not sure about hosting!!!

Well I wouldn't have recommended using 123 but that's another story.

If you aren't sure what you are doing I wouldn't recommend using the FTP function in your editor. Just save the files and use Bravenet's own upload utilties to upload or use a third party FTP program such as Filezilla which gives you a view of the site.

To answer your question. If you joined Bravenet and you have a premium account, you can get your ftp information by clicking on the ftp tab on your account page. You should have one default account and then you can create more as needed.

All the information you need to connect to your ftp is available on that tab except for your password, which if you have forgotten it, you can change it right there.

You will need a domain transfer number if you wish to transfer your domain to here, however if you have done the name server information, your domain is usable on this site already, the only benefit to transferring it is that you get one free domain name with your paid account on bravenet. Since you can have up to ten domains hosted on one account, I would suggest just getting another domain name for free.

I hope this has answered your questions more completely.

Browser: firefox

FTP is available regardless of hosting level.

The domain cannot be transferred to Bravenet as they are not authorised registrars for the .uk ccTLD.