This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
xml file-important?

I have been having trouble with my pages not being able to load. I have gotten help recently. Everyone keeps saying I have files missing or that it keeps looking for a file. I have compared everything in my computer folder to everything in the Bravenet folder and it is the same except for one file. It is an xml file and Bravenet keeps telling me that I am not allowed to upload xml files. I am now thinking that this file is the missing link. My Home page will load but it is missing the navigation bar at the top. I made the site in iWeb. The site works fine locally on my computer. Nav bar is there. When I look at the xml file it is just a bunch of code that I can't decipher. I do not know HTML but have knowledge of how websites work generally. Is this xml file my missing link? If so and I am screwed, then I guess I will have to make one mile long page with no navbar.

Browser: Safari

Re: xml file-important?

i do know you have free subdomain/free hosting

your main page index.html needs to be in your root folder

your page seems to redirect to another page as well

so not fully sure what all you are doing here

But XML files are not allowed with free hosting/subdomains

I am also missing the navigation bar...

your homepage dhd.bravehost.com is blank and redirects to another page with no links or anything

could be what you are trying to do in your iweb editor and using free hosting/free subdomain won't work

Free hosting gets you support for static html and javascript which is fine for 95% of web sites. If you need XML then you are in the other 5% and you would need to upgrade.

Malcolm
I am also missing the navigation bar...

This is the error I am getting.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:09:59 UTC

hI again this is another error log I have found does it mean anything to anyone ??

Error: top.navbar.toolTip is not a function
Source File: http://pub46.bravenet.com/hosting/explorer/fileview.php?cwd=/web/wcgba.wrexhamponderosaleague.com/&view=sidepanel
Line: 1

That site has been moved to http : // www. wcgba. com /