This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
After pouring hours into my website, and saving -constantly-... I change my footer, and lose it all

Is there any earthly reason why nine of eleven pages of my website were destroyed when I changed my footer? The pages that remained were the first two I created -in the website wizard- everything else is a blank template again.

Do I -really- have to start from scratch?

Re: After pouring hours into my website, and saving -constantly-... I change my footer, and lose it

well if you created them in the WIZARD ONLY then went and published them they should all be there

BUT if you moved to the visual/text editor to make your pages THEN WENT TO THE WIZARD and published there

YOU JUST LOST all your work in doing that

If you move outside the wizard you need to save and publish in that editor DO NOT go back to the wizard

Re: After pouring hours into my website, and saving -constantly-... I change my footer, and lose it

It would be nice if I'd been warned of that.

That's just frickin' wonderful.

Incompetent frickin' coders.

Asrayl it isn't the incompetent coders

it is you for not reading the faqs with usign the wizard and more

This has been the thing with the Wizard editor and the Visual/text editors with bravenet

You apparently mixed them and lost your work. That is your problem

Just have to make your pages over again and just stick to the wizard and don't venture out. Or as said if you want to use the visual/text editor at bravenet then you MUST STAY AWAY from the WIZARD and not go back there and you save your pages and publish right there with the Visual/text editor

The Wizard ONLY keeps a copy of your page as it was the last time you were using that editor

Been this way all along

gee
Asrayl it isn't the incompetent coders

it is you for not reading the faqs with usign the wizard and more

This has been the thing with the Wizard editor and the Visual/text editors with bravenet

You apparently mixed them and lost your work. That is your problem

Just have to make your pages over again and just stick to the wizard and don't venture out. Or as said if you want to use the visual/text editor at bravenet then you MUST STAY AWAY from the WIZARD and not go back there and you save your pages and publish right there with the Visual/text editor

The Wizard ONLY keeps a copy of your page as it was the last time you were using that editor

Been this way all along

You know, you're right. I'm sorry. It was a jerk move of me. Forgive me though. Losing forty hours of work (over the course of two days) put me in a decidedly foul mood.

I had no right to bring that here though. I should've been paying more attention to begin with.

Please forgive my lapse in manners and good judgment.

What a neat person you are for apologizing. It takes a really emotionally mature person to do that. I wish I could know you personally.

Kudos to you. I would like to give you praize and put you on the Kudos page of my web site with a link back to your site.

Sorry to hear that, I've been there before and am now starting over again myself. I even lost all my drawings recently, talk about making me sick. I wanted to tell you though, that I now make a text document for my pages and save them. Just right click on your desktop and click new and text document and put your html in there! Hope I helped!

Browser: IE

I'm having absolutely no luck trying to get into my pages to make changes....not in the text....not in the visual.....nothing.

I realize it is me - I am not the most computer literate person, but really does bulding a website have to be so "einstein and esp ish"? Is there another service (even if I have to pay for it) that is for computer dummies like me?

Thanks.

No, you are not the problem. The editor keeps losing the changes I have made multiple times also. even after saving after each change. Once I leave the editor I navigate to the PUBLISH WEBSITE, all changes are lost. Completely frustrating

Browser: Firefox

Jason
No, you are not the problem. The editor keeps losing the changes I have made multiple times also. even after saving after each change. Once I leave the editor I navigate to the PUBLISH WEBSITE, all changes are lost. Completely frustrating

Jason,

Make sure you are not mixing editors. If you are using the Website Wizards (it looks like you are from the look of your website) - make sure that you are using the Website Wizard to edit. Do not go into the file manager and edit from there. When you edit it in the file manager and save, your changes will display on your website. But if you then go to the Website Wizard and publish, you will lose all the changes you made in the file manager.

I understand the feeling! I did the same thing with one of my first few sites. I think that there is a bug or something. Isn't there a way to back all the preexisting info?