This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PROBLEMS

OK I am a little frustated, no one seems to be able to find web site and I do not know why. I belive I am giving out the right address....lookingfortruth.bravehost.com.....HELP ME.

Browser: speeedy01@hotmail.com,3

Re: PROBLEMS

well I see the website you listed

what is the problem

If you be more specific

might have some content and things and then submit it to search engines maybe it can be found down the road

What address did you type, I just tried and it could not find it..I typed

lookingfortruth.bravehost.com

I see it as well. I clicked the link you provided. Try cleaning your browser cache or force refreshing your browser.

I can see the site that you linked as well. Either:
1. It is a problem with your browser.
2. It is a problem with proxy cache at your ISP
3. You have given us a link to a different site.

what could be throwing you off is that the title of the page comes up as a Template service and not the actual title of the page

you have to change that part or whomever the page belongs to etc

but can see lookingfortruth on the webpage plain as day

if you are having problems then it could be whatever else was posted here

TY for all input and keep them coming. I know NOTHING of puters and my tech guy is only available on week ends.

What exactly sre you seeing when you try to get to your website?

I hope this helps, this is what it says

Live Search | Sympatico / MSN | Windows Live | HotmailCanada(français) | Options | Sign inLive Search

Only from CanadaWere you looking for: looking for truth bravehost
We did not find any results for lookingfortruth.bravehost.com.
Search tips:
Ensure words are spelled correctly.
Try rephrasing keywords or using synonyms.
Try less specific keywords.
Make your queries as concise as possible.
Other resources that may help you:
Get additional search tips by visiting Web Search Help.
If you cannot find a page that you know exists, send the address to us.
© 2009 Microsoft | Privacy | Legal

So this is a search engine issue and not an issue of getting to your website using the sites URL?

LOL I do not know ...what's the diff?

I think all of us were under the impression you were unable to get to your website by using its URL (Uniform Resource Locator, previously Universal Resource Locator). Basically its the address you type in the address bar of your browser to get to your website.

If this a search engine issue then I suggest you optimize your site for search engines (SEO). You really should have your own domain. You have no keywords or site description and no page title. We could talk about SEO forever. How long has your site been up? It takes sometime before site gets indexed in a search engines database. It by no means happens right away.

At any length your sites URL works fine so no real issue there. Do a search for SEO in your favorite search engine. Create some meta tags and a robots.txt file to get started.

finding a site in a search engine may be hard

if the site hasn't been indexed by the bots etc

if you have not submitted your site properly to search engines for them to do so

and if you have insufficient information for them to find the site like content, search words and more

if you can see the site then work on it to get it to the point you need it to submit to search engines then submit

then it will take some time for the bots to index it

I know many people who think that the way to navigate to a URL is to type it in a search engine window, rather than the browser address bar. I think this might be the case here.