This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can't get rid of 'provided by Bravenet.com' in common name

My Web site's common name includes the phrase "provided by Bravenet.com" and I want to get rid of it -- permanently. I've been unable to discern a way to do this. Help! Thank you.

=^..^=

Browser: MrCat07,2

Re: Can't get rid of 'provided by Bravenet.com' in common name

IMHO, that is the single most annoying thing about the Website Wizard. Every time you publish your changes, Bravenet inserts this phrase in your title.

It can be cosmetically erased by a small piece of Javascript. The Javascript can be inserted at the end of any content area, and will rewrite the page title. But like I say, it's cosmetic. All of your visitors will no longer see the "Provided by Bravenet" phrase, but it will probably still be visible from a search engine. It's just a dynamic rewrite of the title.

Another user complained about this a few weeks ago. They contacted Bravenet who said, they were thinking of getting rid of that "feature" for paid sites. So your approach should be to contact Bravenet directly and complain about it. And I urge anyone else who is annoyed by this "feature", to do the same. Otherwise it will never get changed.

Thank you very much for your advice and empathy, Philo! Unfortunately, I know nothing about Java script. Would you happen to know, exactly, what I ought to insert?

I'll also contact Bravenet and complain about this. I assume that would be in the form of a help-desk ticket. Again, thanks!

=^..^=

Hello Joseph
I use the "Wizard" and paid for adverts not to be shown Im told "provided by Bravenet" is a brand not an Advertisement. After months of friendly nagging to get it removed the following came 22nd Dec. Will let you know how we go! Patrick
Dear Patrick,
Hi, my name is Tim and I am the Director of Customer Support. I'm sorry for the delay in getting this fixed. I have someone looking at this right now for you. Then once Google re-spiders your website you should be good to go.

Thank you for that encouraging news, Patrick! I must say the, erm, announcement in question really shouts "cheapness" to anyone visiting my Web site. I'm hoping Bravenet gets rid of it sooner rather than later. Thanks again for the information!

=^..^=

Joseph,
Try this link to my Wizard Theme Test Pages.

Yay! It works! Thank you, Philo. *is very happy*

=^..^=

Philo: I do not see the link nor the information about how you removed the "provided by Bravenet.com" in the browser. I also looked on your website, but didnt find it there. Can you please let me know?

My email address is shown on the bottom of my website. I am afraid to post it here for fear of spam.

Thanks