This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Suspended?

Can anyone tell me why a site would be suspended? We have plenty of bandwidth left, just got up and running today really - a large forum just transferred over from a free host.

And yes, I opened a support ticket. Just seeing if someone here had an idea. I'm pretty frustrated, as I got NO warning, and have well over 100 people wondering what happened. This is a business.

Thanks!

Jen

Browser: jenni88,3

Re: Suspended?

You get NO warning if you have something on your site that is in violation of the terms of service you have with bravenet

if you have something that was messed up with your account if you just purchased a domain, or transferred etc

You did the right step with opening a support ticket as bravenet will have to tell you that way why they suspended your site

and then you will have to fix whatever is wrong and then your site will be released from suspension

That messages suggests a ToS violation.

Most likely somebody complained direct to Bravenet about something. Possibilities include:

Using copyright material
Adult content
Failure to moderate a forum to remove posts in breach of ToS

or any of a couple of dozen other possibilities. The issue may need to be held over for a manager to deal with during normal office hours so keep any time difference in mind when waiting for a response.

Thanks guys. We combed the TOS, and didn't see anything apparent we did wrong. No word yet. This is frustrating.

Re: Re: Suspended?

Jen, you started this thread at 7pm at Bravenet and your last post was a little before 6am. Remember that Bravenet is located on the Pacific coast of Canada.

I would not expect the night shift to have the authority to deal with a suspension issue so don't expect a response before 9am their time.

(I usually suggest to people that they use a hosting service in their own time zone as it makes it a lot easier to get problems resolved)

Hi Jen

I have also had my site suspended and have no idea why, the site has been running for a couple of years so I was really suprised this morning. I have opened a support ticket and will wait to find out what the problem is. I cant think of anything that I have done that should get the site suspended and I would have expected Bravenet to contact me as they do have my details so I am guessing this is some sort of problem with bravenet and not the site.

Northcyprus:
Your site is now showing as "disabled by owner" rather than "suspended". That could be a Bravenet thing or it could be that you accidentally used the new(ish) feature to temporarily take your site off line. Try logging in to your account and seeing if you can reenable.

Jen:
Your site is back on line but looks rather basic. I don't know if that is how you had built it or if some supporting image and stylesheet files have gone walkies.

Yes, it's back up. We had a high server load, and they suspected spam, so they shut us down. Would have been nice had they contacted me, or payed attention to the warning I gave them last week about the transfer. Oh well, it's back up that's what matters.

And yes, it *is* very basic right now. We've only just moved (Sunday), and are still working on things. Both of us (that run the site) are learning as we go. The main draw is the forum, not really our home page. Any tips on making it better?

Browser: jenni88,3

Hi Peter

Yes my problems was the same as Jen, Bravenet suspected spam and so suspended the site, nothing that I had done.

Oh well its back on now

My site was suspended also. They said there were some things on it that I did not put there. I cannot find them. they said it might have been someone phishing or something as one of the items said something about facebook.

If I delete the site altogether and create another one using the same domain name will the new one still be suspended?

Browser: Firefox

I was so glad to get the email from support with the link to my ticket that said our website had been restored.

I have 9 domains, 2 weeks ago they were hacked, and now my account is suspended. I have NOTHING on any of my sites that violate their terms of service.

All of my emails are attached to the account and I can't even check them.

I am personally fed up with bravenet.

Browser: firefox

As said could be something with what you HAVE on your site.

Your payment or anything

YOu have to take this issue up with Bravenet or move elsewhere

You agreed to the TOS when you signed up for your domains/hosting and more with bravenet so ANYTHING in violation or anything with your account with payment issues or anything will get your site suspended