This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
linking pages...help!!!!

how do i link pages in my website with one another?it's hard...plz help me...

Re: linking pages...help!!!!

The editor that you are using will have a function to create links. As you haven't bothered to tell us which of the many possible editors you are using all I can suggest is to read the vendor's instructions.

once you get it. its a snap.

although the names may be alittle different between programs... the overall process goes like this... (and it works with bravenets visual editor too)

1) get the url to where you want to link too... the EXACT page... something like

http://www.myfriendjlb.com/youbunchawankers

2) copy it to your clipboard... if you have alot, i'd advise you to paste each URL in a txt file in notepad. (makes life a whole lot easier, later)

3) on your webpage, type the name of the site... or picture or whatever you want to link to.

4) with your mouse, highlight that text on your webpage in the editor.

5) look for the button in your editor... named "link" or "HYPERLINK"... something along those lines.

6)as you click on that button.... usually, a screen will pop up... there will be a field to paste the one URL into.

7) click "ok" or "finish" or whatever button thats needed to create the link and close that screen.

8) you'll more than likely have to click "save"... as in saving your work... and i suggest you do that in the beginning with each hyperlink until you get the hang of it.

and thats it.... except for checking that link from the webpage itself.

in step 6....

make sure that you paste the ENITRE complete URL within that screen..

such as...

http://www.myfriendjlb.com/youbunchawankers

hope this isnt too basic for you... i just remember the HOURS i spent figuring this crap out when i started.

you forgot to tell them to put a closing slash at the end of the URL that they pastes in. if there is one there make sure to copy it also.
if there isnt a closing slash to copy put it there manually after
pasting in the url into the link box.

another way would be something like this type into a box that allows HTML or in code editor mode this < a href="

then copy the url of the site you want to link to from the address bar paste in in right after the opening quotes "
if there isn't a closing / at end of address put one there manually then typed in the closing quotation " then type > then type in here is link or any other text to describe the link then type in

but only do it this way if there is no other options you will make lots of mistakes until you get the hang of it

i forgot to tell you you finish by typing this

tnx these helped...

How do we know what our pages address is to link to if we use bravehost?

What I am trying to do is this..I am using firworks 8 and trying to make apop up menu...I have named the buttons and need to know the links to send it to when iti s clicked...thanks for any help.

Browser: IE 8