This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ACCOUNT/WEBSITE SUSPENSION

To all thos who encountered the same problem as I i.e the suspension of their website/account. I recieved a reply from the technical team regarding my problem and thisis what they said:

Unfortunately we received a spam report, which resulted in this suspension. Reviewing this, it seems that you may have reported your own email as spam.

We have restored your account, however please be sure that any Bravenet email is not reported as spam.

The bottom line is that I am back in business and wish you all the same.

Best
Theodore

Re: ACCOUNT/WEBSITE SUSPENSION

Setting your filters to automatically bounce spam is not a good idea. Unfortunately email providers will sometimes arbitrarily initiate bounces.

Thanks Peter. The thing is I never did what they suggested I may have done but there you go.

My account was suspended because it was flagged for possible fraud activities. Bravenet has refused to contact me or respond to my tickets for days now after suspending my account and making it impossible to access the scores of domain names i have purchased with them.

I've got the same problem right now. Still waiting to hear from bravenet. Everything is paid up to date. I have a feeling my account was either hacked into or a bs claim was made by an ex-employee. Either way, I feel bravenet should have notified me before suspending my account.

Browser: explorer

Bravenet doesn't notify of suspension if your site is SUSPENDED

when you sign up for a domain and hosting you agree to the TOS service contract and if in violation of bravenet's terms of service your site will be suspended

so no pre warning you have broken rules

with all hosts you basically agree to their terms of service and when you don't it's good-bye to your site

Your site may be paid for and more but you may have something on your site that is in violation and more.

Many different things can be reason for suspension so monitor your ticket online and your e-mail for a response

IT is the weekend right now and of course Bravenet is closed on Monday for the Canadian thanksgiving holiday so may be at least Tuesday

There are a variety of reasons for suspension.

You are required to maintain a valid email address. Failure to do so, either by closing the account or setting it to bounce Bravenet emails is probably the most common cause for suspension.

Thanks Peter, I have a feeling that is where the problem lies. I haven't set anything to bounce bravenets e-mail, wouldn't even know how to do it unless outlook express is kicking them back. I tried logging into my account using my e-mail and I keep getting a message that Bravenet does not have that e-mail on file. Funny thing is, I've used that e-mail account with bravenet for over 5 years.

Browser: explorer

New anti spam software or an upgrade to existing software can do unexpected things to email newsletters that you are subscribed to.

If you are using a server based, third party, anti spam service then they will regularly upgrade and without explicit white listing of all your subscriptions you can get caught out.

Raise a ticket, make a note of the number as anti spam software sometimes blocks the response, but remember that suspension issues will probably get held over for a manager during office hours. Don't forget that Bravenet is on the Pacific coast of Canada so allow for any time difference when checking for replies.