This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How Do I make links for my site??

Im making a sims2 fansite, and Since I cant figure out how to make them downloadable on it, I was going to give links to my stuff, but when I insert links in the Code Editor thingy, and I preview my page, all thats there is the un-clickable link! What did I do wrong and how do I make useable links!??!

Re: How Do I make links for my site??

If you gave us a URL, we could look at your code and possibly determine the problem.

I assume you are using the Website Wizard because you mention the Code Editor. If not, this description works similarly in the File Managers editor.

If you are inserting a link using the Code Editor in the Website Wizard, it should look something like this:

Click On Me

You can also do this from the Visual editor by entering the text for the link, highlight/select the text with your mouse, and then click on the link icon. You will be prompted for the link reference. If you have a image on the page, this method also works for creating a image link.

Note that making a link to your site files is making them downloadable. You can only give a pointer to the download file. It is up to the user whether they store it to disk or not. Usually their browser has some default settings to determine what to do with certain files. What is the extension of the files you are making available for download?