This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
images wont upload

Forgive me if this has been asked before...
I only started using this today. I started uploading images and everything went fine... now when i try to upload images they wont work.
I'm using the visual option, i browse and upload the file, once it has uploaded it changes the filename slightly, add's %'s and stuff... and it instead of giving the size eg 350x400... it just gives an x and then the pic wont insert into the page??????
what am i doing wrong?

Re: images wont upload

The % stuff is just coding...dont mind that.
It sounds like you are having problems cuz you upload bad or corrupted files.
Have you tried to open youre images in a image prgrm....ACDSee or something like that?

Re: images wont upload

The "%'s and stuff" are there because you have some characters in your file name that are not easily understood by a Unix server. The Bravenet servers are running Linux and replaces strange characters with ascii equivalents using "%" codes. For example, spaces in the file name are replaced by a "%20". The server usually doesn't have too much problem with spaces, but other funny characters can cause the file to not be found.

Try changing the names of the image files, on your local computer. Remove any spaces and funny characters. Stick to letters, numbers, and underscores. Then re-upload them and insert them in your page. If you are uploading the files with a FTP program of some kind, make sure you use the "binary" mode to prevent file corruption.