This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I make .PDFs available for downloads on my site?

I would like to make a number of .PDF documents available for download to visitors to my site. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this with Bravenet sites?

Re: How do I make .PDFs available for downloads on my site?

Visitors can upload your file if you place it in a link. When a visitor clicks on the link, it is up to their browser to figure out what to do with it. Some will open it up directly in the browser, other may open it up on the side, as a separate program. Still others my prompt the user and ask what to do. It's all according to how the visitor has his/her browser set up.

For example, say you have a folder named "pdf_files" and a file named "upload_1.pdf" that you want visitors to upload. Your link might look like this:

Upload This PDF File

It is also common practice, when providing PDF files, to provide a link to the Adobe site, for visitors who do not already have the Acrobat Reader. You can go to the Adobe web site for this link information.

Bravenet shouldn't have any problem with you doing this. You appear to have a paid hosting account. As long as you keep within the disk space and bandwidth limitations of your site, you shouldn't have any problems.

Re: How do I make .PDFs available for downloads on my site?

Thanks for your help