General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My New Cumnock Families

Hi there! I haven\\\'t actually been active on here for quite some time, but do pop in and have a look every now and then. It\\\'s really slowed down - that\\\'s a shame because it\\\'s such a great wee site to poke around in.

I am the great granddaughter of Whitefield WATSON and Jessie MASON from Connel Park in New Cumnock.
Their daughter Elizabeth WALKER BOYD WATSON was married to Robert HOUSTON McAUGHTRIE, of Craigbank. Their daughter Jessie is my Mum. So all those lovely surnames in capitals are the families I am connected to. My family came to NZ in 1924, when my Mum was just a child.

I was very lucky really, when I started researching my family history, I only needed to take a look at all those glorious middle names on the certificates my grandmother kept, to know who I was connected to, and where to begin my research.
I had a wonderful time researching them all, and now have about 4 generations back from myself in most of the lines.

I visited some years ago, and was introduced to quite a few of my relatives. It was fantastic to get around and meet them, to see the places my families had lived, died and been buried there up at the beautiful cemetery on Afton Road. I did visit again last year, but unfortunately not a lot of time, but I did manage to meet with a couple of Watson descendants. I have decided that I haven\\\'t finished with New Cumnock yet, and hope to return again, maybe next year.

I would really love it if anyone reading this message that is connected to any of these families, or know if anyone that is, please let them know I would love to hear from them. I\\\'ve gathered lots of info over the last years, have some lovely old photos, and very happy to share them. Always love to hear other people\\\'s stories as well.

Take care, and I do hope to hear from you soon! I know there\\\'s a lot of you out there!!

Kind regards
Jeanne Bell NZ

Where are you from ? New Zealand