General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
George Timpany Covenanter

i have been trying to find more information on george Timpany circa 1684 when he and his wife was listed as fugitives. i recently recieved a last will and testament of a george Timpany circa 1694 (10 years later). Must be the same person. The document is hand written and I have struggled to read any of it. What I could read was some names; John McGowan, William Murdoch, James Dalziel and what looks like either Janet or Jacob Templeton. I have noticed most of these names on your website listing interrogated parishoners. This must tie in george Timpany to the happenings of the turbalent times. i will attempt to have the document dechiphered so it is understandable.
Would you be interested in a copy?
regards
ian Tempany

Where are you from ? Australia

Re: George Timpany Covenanter

Hello Ian,
Sorry for the delay in replying - I have had some problems with the forum since I changed the design. Thanks very much for the update and I would very much like to see a copy - maybe I can help with some the place-names that appear, I know only too well how difficult these things are to read.

thanks again
Bobby

Iwould be extremely interested in a copy obviously because of the surname Yours etc

Where are you from ? new cumnock scotland

Hi Bobby
Sorry for not replying to your reply any sooner but I lost the address of the site. I can send you a copy of the two pages i have. Just let me know what email to send it to?
Regards
Ian Tempany

Where are you from ? Cairns Australia

Hi Bobby,
Sorry for not replying sooner....I lost the site address. I can send you the two pages I have. What email is best to send it to?
Regards
Ian Tempany

Where are you from ? Australia

Hi John
I am from Cairns australia. My Tempany line came here about 1860 with a henry Tempany who was born Cambridge to a Andrew John Tempany who was born abt 1803. I have been trying to link the Tempany,s from England to the Tempanys in scotland and Ireland.
Regards
Ian Tempany

Where are you from ? Cairns, Australia