General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charity Walk Around Britain, May to October 2008

Hullo,

I'm in New Zealand.

I've planned an around-Britain charity walk for two of us, both queadruple bypass surgery survivors, to raise awareness and funding for The British Heart Foundation and the Rett Syndrome Association (U.K.).
My walking partner will be Peter Schmalisch from Hereford (it is his daughter who suffers from Rett Syndrome).

We expect to walk on average 20 miles per day.

In order to keep our personal expenses down, we are seeking free sites on which to park our support vehicle and caravan. Part of our draft budget is -

"Site fees 130 nights @ £17 (perhaps some will be free?) £2,210".

Is it possible for someone reading this message to help me find a free site at New Cumnock for the night of 11 August 2008, please? Any other assistance would be much appreciated (for example, the previous overnight stop will be at Kilmarnock, and the next overnight stop will be at Carronbridge, and any assistance to us in finding free sites there would be tremendous).

I hope you don't mind me making this approach and request, but it is extremely difficult to organise some of the detailed logistics from half way around the world.

I am very willing to provide any more information on our venture if you ask for it; I'm keeping this email to as much of a minimum as I can.

With thanks for your time in at least reading this message,

David Paterson
23 Ballantrae
Kawerau 3127
Bay of Plenty
New Zealand

Phone/Fax 00 44 64 7 323 6680.

Where are you from ? Kawerau, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand