General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
McClounie families

Hi, I was just doing a random search on the McClounie name on the internet and came across this website. My brother David McClounie and I have dipped into various sites over the years to try and find clues regarding our family tree, sadly with no luck.
We are only able to trace our side of the McClounie family back to our paternal grandfather Fred McClounie, who had a brother Robert and 4 sisters Nelly, Madge, Carrie & Doris (or Dorothy, we are not sure as she apparently died during childhood).
Any information would be very much appreciated, thankyou.
The McClounie name is so unusual I decided to keep it as my middle name when I married in September 2005.

Where are you from ? Carlisle, Cumbria

Re: McClounie families

Hello Sandra
My father used to work for McClounie's in New cumnock.This is going back 50 years.They lived on the mansfield road and owened a farm.

Where are you from ? ireland

there are two brothers ,who both have farms on the Mansfield road, William and Alister Mc Clounie, they are also plant hirers and people with more local knowledge will be able to give you more information
than myself- There phone numbers will also be in the local directory--good hunting

Where are you from ? mosswell, new cumnock

hello sandra my great grandfather was james (jimmy) mcclounie, his wife was susan malcolm. i wonder if we are related?

Where are you from ? new cumnock

Hi Sandra,

i think i can help youy trace some of our family tree with you. ive been speeking to one of my very close friends who just happens to be a McClounie of teh Mansefield Road. if you could reply to my other e-mail address which is robertcrae2002@yahoo.co.uk
i will pass on relevant info to you.
regards

Robert.

Where are you from ? New Cumnock

Thanks to all who replied. The search continues....

Where are you from ? Carlisle,UK

If anyone has any further information, please get in touch with me on this new email address - sand28@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks.

Where are you from ? Carlisle,UK

Hi,Also trying to trace my fathers family.Am back to great grandfather John McClounie born 1849 and died Aug 1,1876 at the Haggs,Scotland.Married Ann Muir Jume 11,1869 Dumfries .Her BD Apri1,1846 Eccelfechan and died Mar 17,1918 at Haggs ,Scotland.
Any connections to McClounie's out there?would like to hear. Thanks, Jean(nee McClounie)

Where are you from ? British Columbia

Hello I am a relative of Jean Costerton's that replied to you. I would also like to hear any results that come up. I believe that I am the last McClounie of our clan here in Canada. I would like to know if there are any more.

Where are you from ? Calgary Alberta Canada

My father Joseph McClounie was born in Glasglow Scotland and came to America when he waS young. He had a sister named Mary who married a man named Paul and I believe they had three children. At one time they lived in Walled Lake MI. My Father died in Spokane WA on 13 Aug 1988. He married my mother (Joanne Vivian (Atterholt) Sandy). they were divorced and he remarried a woman named Irene. The last time I saw him was around 1947/1948. Am trying to locate any of my family. Any help would be appreciate.

Where are you from ? Born in Detroit, MI Now live in Marine City MI 48039

I have tried several times to trace the name McClounie as its my maiden name , I am the middle daughter of James Malcolm McClounie from New Cumnock, and the older brther of William and Alister.It would be great to hear from anybody with any connections .

Where are you from ? new cumnock

I would be very interested in speaking with you. I am also looking into our family tree as well. My grandfather was William James McClounie and he married Wilemina Elizabeth Hutchinson. I believe the McClounie family had their farms in Blyeswood Ontario.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Sandra

Where are you from ? Comber Ontario