Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Remembering Bob Hamilton

Knew him well from day one in 1979 at Pinder. I was assigned to a gun section then Top told me I was going to be his armorer. At my previous posting in the 9th ID, I was in a gun section then made armorer.
I was a spec4 when I arrived and shortly after being made armorer after school in Vilseck, he told me I was also going to be in SW team.
After a year and a half they transferred Top to HHB 1st AD Divarty in Pinder, and he took me with him no idea why.
He put me in S2/S3 in operations preparing briefing material for Col. Shallikashvili, respected him a lot.
But Top Hamilton taught me how to be an nco not a lot of words but by example.
I will never forget him.
He also pointed me in the right direction when I first arrived and fell in for formation one morning still drunk. He put the fear of Top in me and never happened again.