Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Board of Inquiry Report

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I figured it would be a good place to start.

I'm looking for a copy of the Board of Inquiry report from a stable fire a couple of years ago.

Details: Fort Snelling, Minnesota
F Battery, 14th Field Artillery
April 9, 1939

The battery lost 128 horses in the blaze.

If someone could steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Todd

Re: Board of Inquiry Report

Shoot! I must have stumped everyone on this little tidbit!

-Todd

Re: Board of Inquiry Report

Yes there was a fire and yes there were 128 of 130 hourses killed in that fire. 2,000 men and 90 officers helped controll the fire. Following the fire Battery F, 14th FA was inactivated for a month or so and reconstituted as a mechanized artillery unit at another post. I cannot remember which one at this time. A short article was in the New Your Times on Monday, 10 April 1939, page 36 L discribing the fire.
No, no one has found any Board of Inquiry results listed at any easily accessable site. You might try: http:/upperpost.org/index.html or the Army Historical Foundation historian matt.seelinger@armyhistory.org.
No one has been avoiding answering this question for you, it's just that no one has an answer regarding the inquiry. Up to this point no one even knew there was a fire in 1939.
If you are able to discover more facts as to this incident it would be much appreciated if you pass them on to me.