Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boat People--i.e. 6th Gun Bn, 14th Arty 65-66

11/12/65 always remember never forget all the men who volunteered to help the 1st/7th cav. we were there GOD BLESS. PETE ROACHE,MIKE STEFONICK,BOB REIDERICH,ED PHILLIPS ED SINIA,RICH SMITH,TIM HUNTER,CHUCK FULLER,LEROY CARLSON,BOB GRANT,CHARLIE CAUDILL,CHARLIE STAHL,BILLY PEPPER AND MONROE we were there,LA-TRANG VALLEY and CATECKA.(EDWARD JOUJON-ROCHE)REST WITH HONOR.

I want to explain better, all boat guys are entitled to join the 1st Cav Assn and are Awarded the Presidental Unit Citation for extraordinary heroism ( PleiKu ) period 23 Oct 1965 to 26 Nov 1965, General Orders NO 40.
All provisional company 6/14th Nov 1965 guys are also entitled to join the 7th Cav Assn as attached 9 Nov 1965 to 20 Nov 1965, Command Operations After Action Report, 3rd Bde.
The 1st Cav Assn ( horse blanket ) and 7th Cav assn ( Garry Owens )are two different groups
Hope I said all that right,

Bob,
As usual--you are right. In my excitement, I typed 7th when I should have typed 1st CAV. The Boat People, and by inference, all of the 6/14 (am not sure about the 3/18 but they should be also) are entitled to join the 1st Cav Association.
Plese pardon my goof and I pray no one was inconvenienced

After reading your emails to the boat people, I DID join 1st Cavalry Roselle, Illinois chapter. I was part of that security force the night of 12Nov65, when we got mortared and satchel charged, and lost the first member of 6/14th Arty, Ed Joujon-Roche, in that attack, we were in country about two weeks and Roche, who was a gun bunny for C Btry, 175mm SP Howitzer, had less than 2 weeks left before he would rotate out of Nam. If the 175mm guns had arrived when we did, I often wonder if Roche would have even been at the plantation that night......

It was and honor to have served with ALL of the batteries of 6/14th and also with the 1/7thfor those days in Nov, 65 we were attached to them......I hope all are still well and warding off the effects of Agent Orange, dioxin, which thru cancer has taken so many of our comrades on a daily basis......you, the VietNam vets were the BEST, always had your buddies back, left NOBODY behind......I salute you all both living and deceased.......you were and still are THE BEST America ever had......welcome home brothers....Joe La Porte, NamVet65-66

Amen to your post.
Pilot, Avation Section, 6/14 Arty (1965-1966)