Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 14th FA Crest

Sorry to disappont you, but the Crest and all other related materials are correct. There is not, nor has ever been a bent arrow (actually a war spear with feathers)for Chief Satanta. Please read the heralodic information on our Crest tab. In addition, the 14 FA Regimental Room has a replica of the spear, as does the Set'tainte (Satanta) family decendants. Any image that shows anything other than what is on the Crest or in possesion of the family is incorrect. If you look at our new Satanta tab you will notice his ceremonial spear placed at the front of his Tipi.

David - you are correct. I retired in 2005 and spent my last 8 years teaching at whisc(former school of the americas). It has access to and info about everything that has to do with our army since its beginning. I called a friend and you are without a doubt correct.

Twas the 6th bn WAS BENT! I did not clarify.

Thank you for your last reply. There are a few of the 6th BN members that are bent too, but only a little bit. Have a great day and would like to see you at the reunion 6-9 March in San Antonio, TX.