Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Remebering Bob Hamilton

I told you and Gisi that Edie and I were "here" whenever you or she might need us. That's still so. You did a really fine job of getting the Regiment Association going. We had separate battalion groups, but your strength, ability, and determination made our Association what it is.

Thanks very much-Edie and I are glad that your suffering, which you never complained about,is over, and we hope to see you again when we too can rest from our labors.

CSM Hamilton,
I thank you for your service to this country and also your contributions and creation to the websites. It brought back many great memories and friends. May God bless you and your Family.

It is with great saddness that I have learned of the passing of CSM Hamilton. I really enjoyed the time I spent talking to him at the reunion at Ft.Sill. CSM Hamilton was a Leader, and will be missed.

Kenny Lee
C 6/14
Pinder Barracks
12/77-12/79

There is not much to say that has not been said.
Bob had more inner strength, grit, and determination than most. He has been a good friend and will be missed. Gisi told me at the reunion he was running on nothing but sheer will and adrenalin. I definitely believe that. Until we meet again Sergeant Major.
Gisi our prayers are offerred for you and yours. You ever need me all you have to do is ask.....Walt

So sad. Such a wonderful individual. Very heartbroken.

John King

We can see by the responses Bob touched many hearts. Bob was proud to do more than his share for a great bunch of folks like yourselfs.
Our deepest Sympathy for the Hamilton Family.

Bob & Janet

I met CSM Hamilton as a young man stationed in Pinder Barracks, Zindorf, Germany. He was my CSM for about 4 years while serving as Battalion and Divarty CSM. He selected me for my SGT and SSG promotions. My fellow soldiers and I learned to be NCOs watching “Big H” (as we the junior NCOs used to call him). As years went by and we, his NCOs, took over Platoons, Batteries and Battalions across the Army, his lessons and leadership style were passed along to many soldiers. In this way, his legacy lives on. This is not the first time I say this, CSM Hamilton was the best CSM I ever worked with during my entire career. I’m proud to have served under him and in later years call him my personal friend.
Goodbye CSM.

Bob Hamilton,was my first example of a 1st Sgt, when I arrived at Pinder, Christmas Eve, 1979,and was assigned to A/16/FA, I can remember him leading PT formation in the mornings, he would take us around Pinder, then out the GATE,down the rode and back to Pinder, I can remember the comments,made under our breath that he must have a motor in his behind, he was a soldiers soldier, It was an Honor to have served under his watch, thanks CSM.

Re: Remembering Bob Hamilton

I only found this site for the 14th FA a few days ago and it was a bittersweet experience when I learned of CSM Hamilton's passing. To echo the sentiments of so many others who have posted their condolences, including a few I served alongside, this man was indeed "a soldier's soldier".

I had many encounters with CSM Hamilton, at that time the 6th Bn SM, both in garrison and in the field. He was tireless in his teaching of junior NCO's to become better leaders and truly exemplified the creed of us being the "backbone" of the US Army. His mentoring stayed with me long after I left the Army and still serves as a guide today.

Good bye SM and thank you for developing this association; I will be adding my name to the ranks today.

James N. Scott
HHB 6/14 FDC Pinder Bks '84-'87