Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1st Bn 14th FA

Great Site!

I had the honor of serving with the 1st Bn 14th FA at Garlstadt, West Germany with 2d Armored Division (FWD) from 1983-1984 as a 13B20 SGT (Gunner) with C Btry 1-14th FA. I served with three Howitzer Sections while at Garlstadt. They were with, SSG Rheim, SSG Stanley and SSG Washington. Our Bn de-activated the 1st Bn 14th FA in 1984 and re-activated to become the (4th Bn 3rd FA), for the rest of my tour from 1984-thru-1985. The Bn was never the same after we became the 4th Bn 3rd FA. My fist year in Garlstadt, West Germany with C Btry 1st Bn 14th FA was by far, the best unit I had served with on an overseas tour. We had a Btry Commander by the name of CPT Freil, a 1SG by the name of 1SG Pimmental, a Chief of Firing Btry by the name of SFC Nordoff who ran the Btry, and a Gunnery SGT by the name of Maldonado. I later served with him a again at Ft. Hood TX. They had to be the best crew I had ever worked for. We were off every day in garrison by 1430hrs. NCO's had a meeting after dismissing there troops. That was usually a beer fest after the meeting. No one in Bn messed with C Btry. We were the best Btry in Bn and were lauded several times by Bn and Bde.

God Bless the (14th FA Association)

Former SGT Compston
C Btry 1-14th FA

Re: 1st Bn 14th FA

Great to hear of your experiences with the 14th in Germany. I just sent you an email and hope to hear from you.