Satanta Regiment Forum

Welcome to the Forum. Got something to say, need to pass on information, have a question, want to make a recommendation. You are in the right spot. Move your mouse over the word POST and click. Type in your message..... OR click on an existing message and then click on REPLY.

Santanta Regiment Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for members of the unit in Ft Stewart GA from 87-89

I am looking for members of the unit:
Tony Metcalf, gun bunny, NC
Thad Nofke, trucker, WI
Tyler Treichel, supply, MN
Ben Grace, trucker, MN
Keith Legg, supply, MN
Chuck Wiseman, trucker, MN
Steve Owens, trucker, OH
"Buster", trucker, unknown

Re: Looking for members of the unit in Ft Stewart GA from 87-89

Received your Email. Information has been posted on the Buddy Search page per your request. Good Luck!

I was at camp swompy in Btry B 1/14fa work in btry ammo.
And was in thirded section for a little bit Gun Sgt? can't remember his name. Use it ride a Red Harley. had some good times there was there form 1987-1988.
Regards
Ex-Sgt Steve Murray

I was stationed there from 1988 thru the deactivation period in 1990 with C Btry 1/14.

I was in C Btry 1/14th FA fro 12/31/86 until I pcs to Korea Sept 88. I was the 3rd soldier in the newly forming battalion. 1sgt Ira Todd, spec Nathaniel and myself were the only 3 for a couple of weeks.

I was in HHB 1/14TH in FDC. From 86 when we changed from 1/13 to 1/14. I left in 89 after I reenlisted and did another tour in Korea. Desert Shield happened not long after. Just missed it.

I hated going to NTC all the time

I was in Bravo Battery 1/14th in the 24th Infantry Division at Fort Stewart when it transitioned from the 1/13 to the 1/14th. I was in 2 PLT FDC and later on one of the guns. I set the post record in the 3000 meter run at Fort Stewart.

Years later in the mid 90s I was the Battalion Maintenance Officer in the 1/14th, in 2nd Armored Division at Fort Hood Texas.