AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: anyone own a opti-aim??? anyone?

Have you looked into AIR PRO Scan and calibration system. They have the targets for the imports . They are also working on a digital target so no need for target Boards.
Just throwing it out there. More then one fish in the sea as they say. JMHO

I have a few. What do you need to know?

What is the difference between the Opti-aim and the equipment that the dealerships use. I am assuming the equipment at the dealership just verifies if camera needs to be recalibrated by a code that is read. If I am correct the Opti-aim also has the software to instruct you how to recalibrate with the assistance of the accessories and target boards? Does the dealerships equipment have the software that also gives you step by step on recalibrating. That is what I am trying to find out. Thanks for your help!

Well, there are a few differences, the dealer equipment is specific to their cars only.

And everything is separate, (i.e. Targets - Instructions - calibration tool) no step by step that I could see.

Also, the dealer cost is outrageous, with ongoing updates etc.

Yes, the OptiAim has re-calibrating software as well as the instructions and targets to calibrate most of the cars out there...

What about liability?
Have you discussed this with your insurance broker?
Did your premium increase?

Truth is You are already liable for the equipment because you touched it
when you fixed the glass.

If there was a Lawsuit because of a failure of ADAS equipment everyone who ever touched it would be sued and have to defend their role.

You are already on the hook maybe you would be better off if you did a recal so
you would have proof that it worked when it left your control.

I thought they might, but interestingly they did not. It was clear to my lawyer that we were going to be in the middle of any claim regardless if we calibrated or not.

My thought is that I might as well control the work if I am going to be accountable anyway. At least I know that I am doing it right. Also talked about the the drivers responsibility as ADAS is only a helper in the driving not the driver, so the customer ends up responsible.

Generally how much do these run?

Between $8k and $15k.... depending on the # of cars & type

I believe that all the systems available for calibration will be displayed and demonstrated at the show in San Antonio. I am going to see them in action.

We own one, works very good, We service dealers and are happy with results.

John Franklin
I have a few. What do you need to know?
looking as an inquiry about this system
autoglassplus

If the manufacturer state you have to use OEM glass what good is it

You still have to calibrate it.

Sure do. Great equipment. If you're looking to purchase, we have some for sell...brand new. Still in box.

Do you still have some for sale the Opti Aim I am looking to buy one for the shop

Yes, sorry to say. Have had is for a little over a year. What do you need to know?

System is not bad, tech support really sucks. Don't believe what they tell you. No one returns phone calls. Cost us 15K. Updates if any are slow.

Can someone tell me what Third Party Admins are paying for the re-calibrations?
What are the rates for drive in's on them?
Thanks in advance.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com