AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Allstate Sues Auto Glass America and Its Owner

We refuse to do Allstate claims. They aren't reasonable with pricing and chasing them down isn't worth the time anymore. When we refuse, we do it with the customer on the line and explain exactly why. Already lined up to collect from last year before starting to refuse.

I refuse to refuse work. That’s exactly what Ins cos want me to do. I bill a fair price that makes it worth the effort to collect.

Tried that over and over. collecting takes more time than its worth Guess everyone has their thing. Glad it works for you.

Agreed. What works for one may not work for another. I just hate to see Ins cos get their way. They want to pay at rates lower than 30 years ago on vehicles that cost 5 times what they did back then, and have technology and require special expertise and tools that weren’t part of the equation. And they’re thrilled when they can get shops to refuse work so they can funnel everything to their “chosen vendors”.

Agree with you for sure... We don't like it either but taking court time in a one person office and 2 on road doesn't work. Kind of figure that the Chosen ones, can suck up their rates at a loss and can deal with the complaints that follow from the lack of skilled installers.

If your in Florida hire a attorney on retainer and he will gladly file a claim against the insurance company on every valid assignment of claims you have. Eventually some of the insurance companies may come around and play fair with you but you need to test the waters and show them you are not going to fold.

Haven't folded and you're right about attorney.

If you don’t pursue short pays you’re leaving money on the table. Why do that? Find out what options you have in your state and find a way to collect. Trust me, some insurance companies will decide to act in good faith and work something out with you. Others may be stubborn, but don’t give up. If you have to hire an attorney what do you have to lose?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com