AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Calibration Tool

It's not the glue that effects it it is the acrylic they put in between the two sheets of glass that causes the camera to not be able to see correctly out the windshield. As a calibration tech. I know for a fact GM changed their systems to HAVE to be calibrated because they were losing so much money but not having that needed. Now as for Subaru, I love Subaru for mounting the cameras in the headliner instead of the windshield because that allows the consumer, you, to not have to recalibrate the camera after the glass was replaced, from what I have seen and directly experienced. The LDW and other ADAS systems will still work perfectly fine if you do not get a recalibration after the windshield was replaced. Now if the camera is mounted to the windshield you definitely need to get that recalibrated or else you are putting yourself in harm's way.

Are you serious??? $12,000??? I hope you're joking!

Who cares what the dealer charges! Charge what you think is fair and reasonable considering the cost of equipment and time. We have pre order our unit. We plan on charging $200 plus for each calibration.

The matter of fact is, regardless of cost, this service needs to be done for the safety of the customer. If you haven't had a adas problem yet, you will.

Were in it to make a profit!
Who cares what the dealer charges! Charge what you think is fair and reasonable considering the cost of equipment and time. We have pre order our unit. We plan on charging $200 plus for each calibration.

The matter of fact is, regardless of cost, this service needs to be done for the safety of the customer. If you haven't had a adas problem yet, you will.

my question is now that you are going to do your own customer calibrations. what is your insurance going to go up too....how much of an increase? the dealers are getting 1 to 4 hours at their labor rate. GOD only knows what the Audi dealer charges. when safelite starts doing calibrations they will set the "fair and reasonable" B S.

I can tell you this much for certain..... My local Audi dealer is Charging 499.00 to recalibrate the A6 and A8. They say it takes 4 hours to do it, because it works with the entire system. Bumper sensors as well.

It is more than I can afford. The question about whether shop insurance will go up is a very good one. Who will be liable? I accept the liability in replacing w/s and we do them according to AGRSS standards. We were certified in 2010 or 2011...But I feel the manufacturer alone should be liable for their safety features...
Not sure if this was the same thread but my local Subaru dealership requires re-cal on all models with Eyesite. The article in the current AGRR issue explains why. GM and Ford have just said "the driver will be able to tell..." seems like a law suit waiting to happen. I discuss with my customers and have them initial the comment on the invoice. I always recommend they call the dealership.

"It's not the glue that effects it it is the acrylic they put in between the two sheets of glass that causes the camera to not be able to see correctly out the windshield."

Source?

None source. There is no acrylic between the lites. Polyvinyl b, but no acrylic.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com