AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Abbreviations

good god mike you are long winded.
this is a forum not a blog

I'm sorry, but I meant in the conversations, like TPA, and BS etc. The abbreviations for the "Who" you're talking about and such. GGY GTY GBN etc etc. I know them all. But in reading some of the conversation and posts I'll come across, again like TPA or the BS (which I'm assuming isn't vulgarity). Sorry, I could have been a little more specific. I think they are abbreviations for the actual Insurance co, the 3rd party billing company, the customer, the shop etc. Thanks again. Non part related abbreviations that are used. I'll search and find one and post an example

Hey Otto,

You definitely have too much time on your hands.

BTW, I question the definition of non-solar glass LOL

Ira

IRA
Hey Otto,

You definitely have too much time on your hands.

BTW, I question the definition of non-solar glass LOL

Ira

Thank you Ira!! Took less than 4 minutes to find these! Oh and 1 minute for the glass prefixes.

It is all out there.

Did you enjoy Auto Glass Week?

TPA=THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR
BS=BELRON-SAFELITE

JB
TPA=THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR
BS=BELRON-SAFELITE

Thank you JB!
I mentioned previous to this that I hadn’t been on this forum before. Yes, of course I’m aware of the holding co Belron and that it’s a subsidiary to D’Ieteren, which registered itself in Luxembourg but Headquarters in the UK (United Kingdom), no pun intended, and the rivalries between Safelite and Belron and the 51% share in Vistar, it’s acquisitions, expansions, the merging and re-emergence in the U.S. (United States) market, etc, etc, etc. But as there is no universal agreement on many of the most popular acronyms, there is even more of a question as to what BS stood for and/or even VGRR (vehicle glass replacement and repair) in this forum for myself. So thank you again JB, as that was the answer I was looking for, having asked politely I believe. I mean, put the ticker symbol AXP-N in front of me and I’ll tell you Amex or American Express (U.S.) But some of the ones used in this site are not so apparent to me….yet.
It is possible I made a large mistake by posing those simple questions inside my positive proclamation of “how I’m doing, businesswise in the VGRR arena”. That I’d get a person telling me he wanted to puke, a person accusing me of being a planted corp puppet after stating that I manage to grow and prosper. Now that ensues the “absolute” by these same peeps that I must cheat, lie, and steal as well, less I be only just a small business, with a little dumb small office. What the hell is wrong with people?! Ya out there in the bushes you call trenches? Your ancestors…. Were they persecutors in the Salem Witch Trials? Would a moderator care to comment about the purpose of this forum? Does it mean to exclude and bash anyone who has a success story, if that success in measurement isn’t on the SAME scale as those SAME larger scaled companies those SAME peeps seem to loath and fear?
Can it possibly be OK on this forum for a person who is running 2 businesses make a happy claim that his business model in the field of VGRR has brought him 3 times the yield %wise than the first business he runs which has nothing to do with Auto Glass and that he put in 1/3 the effort to accomplish that? Is it alright to exclaim a “wow, this is what I like!” ??? The results yielded from a marketing model probably NOT so unlike others out there but still of my own accord. Having on his team tech(s) with years of experience and of which may have not taken the crown in Memphis but faired quite well and one that has placed 2nd years ago. Attributing the proper amount of credit to him (that particular tech) for that combined with the model and marketing I run myself?
The comments that I DON’T KNOW the costs involved? ”Hey you lurching out in the bushes”, only YOU possess that knowledge and logical syllogism would tell you that I am a liar just by the words of my story I shared. I picture this piece of beef jerky beaten and scarred all over by the wrongdoers just waiting to pounce on anyone’s second of joy, 15 seconds of fame, fortune in his own rights totally incapable of a “Welcome”, and “Good for you” “We like to hear that”…..etc. Sad. Hey guy there is “steering”, there is “fraud”, there are thousands of corporate criminals in EVERY industry. I know that, we all know that. You don’t HELP no matter what size imagination you have by saying what you said to me. Don’t do it again. I try to dot all my “I’s” cross all my “T’s “ and play fair in ALL business ventures I engage in and JUST HAPPENED to experience some…for the love of God, “IN MY OPINION” some nice results with that behavior in the Auto Glass Replacement and Repair ball park. Sorry, I couldn’t push myself to use another acronym. Maybe the fashion police will hand me a “fix it ticket” for that one?
Again, thank you JB.
And despite the only rudest first greeting I’ve ever received on a first visit to a new forum for me, thank you for letting me share my joy for growing a small company at a pace that at least amazes me in the face of the adversities involving the economy, the steering, the lying, the criminals out there, and now my newfound friends frick and frack the “naysayer and his accomplice” (for lack of a words that might ban me). You sir, puke as a result of your rotted gut of your own accord.

Otto

#1 Thanks for your info

#2 You've obviously got too much spare time !!!!!!

Happy Holidays

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com