AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SGC Network

Any one else having troubles with new SGC Network website? No return emails from shop care.Tried calling but been on hold forever.

Re: SGC Network

Same problem here. and... it takes weeks, not days, to get email response. If you call and hold long enough they will eventually answer.

It is my understanding that they've added an auxiliary Shop Care call center across town somewhere, but these guys are pretty green and not much help unless your question is pretty simple. They often have to put you on hold while they check with a supervisor. Be prepared to be on your call for a long time!

glassguy
Any one else having troubles with new SGC Network website? No return emails from shop care.Tried calling but been on hold forever.
Easy solution: stick the Safelite network where the sun don't shine.

Exactly. My definition of running my own business does not include being on hold for an hour or more to ask for permission for something that isn’t optional. I will never join a network, but hey, membership has its privileges, right?

Freddy
Exactly. My definition of running my own business does not include being on hold for an hour or more to ask for permission for something that isn’t optional. I will never join a network, but hey, membership has its privileges, right?
LOL. Yep! Especially when one is "asking permission" from someone that isn't contracting for the repairs to the car, nor was contracted to repair the car by the insurer, who didn't invoke their right to repair the car under the insurance contract, therefore has no right to approve or disapprove anything to do with property they don't own nor are involved IN the contract of repairs OF.

Yet, droves line up for those.......benefits of membership.

Only in America....

Well, wait, that's not true...

In any case, it's been laid out here soooooooo many times.....default to YEAF's catch phrase: Who's the customer?

JMHNLO

Mark1
Freddy
LOL. Yep! Especially when one is "asking permission" from someone that isn't contracting for the repairs to the car, nor was contracted to repair the car by the insurer, who didn't invoke their right to repair the car under the insurance contract, therefore has no right to approve or disapprove anything to do with property they don't own nor are involved IN the contract of repairs OF.

Yet, droves line up for those.......benefits of membership.

Only in America....

Well, wait, that's not true...

In any case, it's been laid out here soooooooo many times.....default to YEAF's catch phrase: Who's the customer?

JMHNLO
Mark 1, you recently said you liked my comments. Let me reciprocate at this time!

Hi There: Would someone be willing to talk for a few minutes regarding the wait times for SGC? I'm the former AGRR/glassBYTEs editor and chipping in today to help with an article. I'd love to talk with a few of you. Please email jreed@glass.com. Or call 540-720-5584 and ask for Jenna. Thank you

Jenna
Hi There: Would someone be willing to talk for a few minutes regarding the wait times for SGC? I'm the former AGRR/glassBYTEs editor and chipping in today to help with an article. I'd love to talk with a few of you. Please email jreed@glass.com. Or call 540-720-5584 and ask for Jenna. Thank you
Respectfully, isn't this rather like addressing the blemishes caused by the measles instead of the virus itself?

JMHNLO

The IT department is a mess. There are daily internal issues with computers being down and programs not working. Any new product that is introduced always runs into errors. So many consultants in the department. Not sure if the IT leadership is in control. Maybe the staff is spending too much time with their NERF toys rather than getting things done properly the first time. The shop care desk is even a bigger mess. Not enough people to answer phones and the ones that are there are over worked.

Anyone who belongs to the network deserves to spend hours in emails or phone calls to collect. Membership has its privileges. That’s just one.

Looking at the complaints of folks who are on Safelite's network reminds me of an incident I had last month with my internet carrier.

My internet carrier sent me an email stating they wanted a price increase. I phoned to tell them they had too many service interruptions lately and I would not accept an increase from them.

They asked if I would call back in about an hour so they could access my account. I asked why they wouldn't do that NOW? They said their system was down.

It's hard to talk to a real person, & when you do finally get a real person...you are transferred a few times. Usually w/o any result. As for ShopCare@Safelite.com that is a joke!

Exactly why we deal directly with the insurance company. It’s like that the guy that kept repeatedly poking himself in the eye. When asked why he was doing it he responded, “cause it feels so good when I stop.” Maybe that’s why some try to resolve things with the 3rd party?

Hey Freddy you deal directly with Usaa,Geico,Farmers???
Thanks Freddy

Glass Pak
Hey Freddy you deal directly with Usaa,Geico,Farmers???
Thanks Freddy
Why would anyone deal with SGC? Unless you signed their contract that is.

We are taking actions to move away from SGC. We had signed up with them years ago not knowing any better. It seems hard to move away and direct bill. Always getting the run-a-round. Would love to get anyone's knowledge of best practices for direct bill. TIA

Research the multiple threads on this site and you’ll get some great ideas. What works for one may be different for others depending on your area and the insurance companies in your area.The first step is to drop your contract with 3rd parties. Then you can bill what you determine you need to charge. Make sure you have an assignment of proceeds that is valid in the state where you operate. Have EVERY customer sign your assignment so that you have the legal instrument you need to collect short pays.
If you belong to a network you have to bill what they dictate. If you don’t belong to a network you can now operate as a true independent. Trust me, the latter is better.

The best way i've got any lick on direct billing is having the customer pay and giving them the receipt to take to their agency and get reimbursed for the out of pocket expenses. Got to be careful though becuase some insureance agencies will only except claims from the PEST sgc and wont take a receipt from their clients. Which is BS if you ask me. I feel that they are looped in together so hom. Cant stand SGC hate them with a purple passion.

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUES YOU DO. WE NOW COLLECT MONIES FROM THE CUSTOMER FOR REPAIRS AND REMOVED THEIR CHARGE ACCOUNT WITH OUR DEALER. NO ONE TO CALL.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com