AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hey Bob Beranek!

Don't forget that you promised to write more on the subject of Recalibration.

I'm hoping that you will provide us with some comprehensive, solid answers. There is way too much confusion, mis-information, and general ambiguity out there depending on who you talk to.

Can we find some accurate answers to questions like:

Should every new install with ADAS be re-calibrated (or at least checked), or only if things don't seem to be working accurately?

What about aftermarket glass? Should only OEM glass be used when ADAS is involved?

Is an aftermarket glass from say Pilkington (DOT-15) the same as an OEM Honda branded glass that is marked Pilkington (DOT-15)?

I'm sure the above questions are just a few that need solving. Let's start getting some real answers, not just opinion, hearsay, etc.

Re: Hey Bob Beranek!

maybe, just maybe, YOU should halve been at auto glass week. Bob doesn't work for you!

Satisfied
Don't forget that you promised to write more on the subject of Recalibration.

I'm hoping that you will provide us with some comprehensive, solid answers. There is way too much confusion, mis-information, and general ambiguity out there depending on who you talk to.

Should every new install with ADAS be re-calibrated (or at least checked), or only if things don't seem to be working accurately?

What about aftermarket glass? Should only OEM glass be used when ADAS is involved?

Is an aftermarket glass from say Pilkington (DOT-15) the same as an OEM Honda branded glass that is marked Pilkington (DOT-15)?

I'm sure the above questions are just a few that need solving. Let's start getting some real answers, not just opinion, hearsay, etc.

I agree, all of these questions were answered this week at AGW. This guy is a knob for insinuating that it is bobs responsibility to inform those that didn't pony up and participate in AUTO GLASS WEEK. You need to participate if you care.

billy
Satisfied
Don\'t forget that you promised to write more on the subject of Recalibration.

I\'m hoping that you will provide us with some comprehensive, solid answers. There is way too much confusion, mis-information, and general ambiguity out there depending on who you talk to.

Should every new install with ADAS be re-calibrated (or at least checked), or only if things don\'t seem to be working accurately?

I\'m sure the above questions are just a few that need solving. Let\'s start getting some real answers, not just opinion, hearsay, etc.

I agree, all of these questions were answered this week at AGW. This guy is a knob for insinuating that it is bobs responsibility to inform those that didn't pony up and participate in AUTO GLASS WEEK. You need to participate if you care.
I AGREE, SATISFIED IS A TOOL.

Yes, it would great to have updated info from Beranek on these questions!

I to remember the article that Bob wrote and the I'll follow up with more information.
NOT see you at AGW. MAYBE just maybe not everyone could make it there. I know it may shock to you but it happens. As usual this forum is a bashing ground for those who think they are KINGS in a court that does not exist. A rising tide LIFTS ALL BOATS. JMHO

Bob,

You out there?

I am not ignoring this forum, the issue or Mr. Satisfied. I have been busy working with the new AGSC Committee devoted to this issue exclusively. I have been writing posts on this site's Technically Speaking blog and have been trying to sort out fact from fiction. Rather than answering your questions in this limited venue, I have been trying to inform the entire industry and anyone, including our customers, about the issue of recalibration. I'm doing that through my blog posts. I have addressed many of your questions. However, just for you Mr. Satisfied, pay attention to my upcoming blogs. I will address your questions directly.

Thank you very much Mr. Beranek! I think all will benefit from your research and findings.

Thank you again for your now published article and your pledge to keep us up to date. There is, in fact, much more to find out and learn concerning this subject!

As a follow up to your article, specifically question #3, let's not limit this question to just Pilkington, but also include other manufacturers to see if their parts are the same that have matching DOT numbers, regardless of whether supplied in manufacture or to the after market.

Yes, we need more light on this subject!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com