AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nags update

I am doing a 2015 highlander today that i just did 3 weeks ago.
The list on the fw3183 715.60 then and now 665.00
How does nags explain the 50.00 difference when the cost of the glass at Pilk,Mygrant ect.
has stayed the same?

Re: Nags update

You look for logic where there is none. One more time: there is no logic or justification. NAGS does not make glass, NAGS does not buy glass, NAGS does not sell glass, NAGS does not install glass. NAGS does not answer to you or me or the glass industry. NAGS answers only to insurance companies and its only job is to forever save them money. Their "proprietary" method of creating prices is fictional fantasy bolshoi. You people have been told this time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time. But you still keep asking the same stupid questions: how come NAGS went down on this and how do they justify that, blah blah blah. Ignore their idiotic "benchmark" bolshoi and run your own business.

Well said, Vinnie. You summed it up in a nutshell.

Exactly. When will shop owners get it that the Nags Benchmark has nothing to do with acquisition cost and everything to do with Nags shifting their loyalties to insurance companies? Remember the days when Nags was based on truckload pricing? That could be deciphered, and what suppliers charged us and the Nags Benchmark actually had relevance. Now there isn't any relationship to the Benchmark and what we pay for glass. Either way, who cares? Shops should ALWAYS decide their pricing and should NEVER cave in to ridiculous demands from insurers. And when insurers try to shove Nags info under our noses as an explanation for why they're ripping us off we should be educated enough to explain why we don't give any credence to Nags.

It's simple.. you go to the dealer, you get a discount off list... you go to a major brand store.. again, you sometimes get a discount off list... When we use NAGS... forget it... we are one of the only industries that I know of that SELLS from a list price that we CANT buy from... !!!!!

You are waking up. Good. Forget about the publishers of b.s.

Once again Vinnie you answer with insults:

"You people have been told this time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time. But you still keep asking the same stupid questions"!

Please, answer some questions instead.

1. How do you determine your glass prices?
2. Are you marking up from cost?
3. Do you have different pricing structures?
a. fleets
b. walk-in cash
c. Customers with insurance

I once again will wait calmly for your informational reply!!

If Vinnie answers your questions his post will be deleted. And why do you ask anyway? Vinnie runs his business, I run mine, and if you have one.....

Vinnie
You look for logic where there is none. One more time: there is no logic or justification. NAGS does not make glass, NAGS does not buy glass, NAGS does not sell glass, NAGS does not install glass. NAGS does not answer to you or me or the glass industry. NAGS answers only to insurance companies and its only job is to forever save them money. Their "proprietary" method of creating prices is fictional fantasy bolshoi. You people have been told this time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time. But you still keep asking the same stupid questions: how come NAGS went down on this and how do they justify that, blah blah blah. Ignore their idiotic "benchmark" bolshoi and run your own business.
I LIKE Vinnie.......Cold, harsh, but spot on.

JMHNLO

wally
Once again Vinnie you answer with insults:

"You people have been told this time, after time, after time, after time, after time, after time. But you still keep asking the same stupid questions"!

Please, answer some questions instead.

1. How do you determine your glass prices?
2. Are you marking up from cost?
3. Do you have different pricing structures?
a. fleets
b. walk-in cash
c. Customers with insurance

I once again will wait calmly for your informational reply!!

Here's what you need to do, wally:

Join every network you can and agree to their pricing. Submit all your bills to your competitors for payment. When you get paid short, be grateful you got paid at all. Ask many questions on this forum, and expect fresh answers to YOUR questions without ever referring to the vast amount of information already in the forum archives which you won't be bothered to look at--- and then criticize people who tell you that you are LAZY. Yes, wally, you are a LAZY and self indulgent whiner. The info is there, wally, and who the hell are you that I or anyone else should lay it out ESPECIALLY for lazy wally when it is already there!

Gee Vinnie, wrong again! I am hardly the "lazy" type. But you,once again have proven to be a real "****** bag with no answers..........

Auto glass, I apologize for the likes of Vinnie and Freddy on this forum. I believe they are progressives, never giving an answer and running off at the mouth.

vinnie pretty much has the deal, but over the years, nobody has ever stepped up with another plan and had the resources to push it through! RESOURCES IS THE KEY WORD!

wally
Gee Vinnie, wrong again! I am hardly the "lazy" type. But you,once again have proven to be a real "****** bag with no answers..........

Auto glass, I apologize for the likes of Vinnie and Freddy on this forum. I believe they are progressives, never giving an answer and running off at the mouth.

Read my reply again. I have answered your questions on this forum before, and my post was deleted in minutes.

wally

Wally, exactly what part of Vinnie's last message didn't you understand? For a guy who claims he isn't lazy, you sure act lazy.

And stupid.

He asks, “Are you marking up from cost?” What kind of question is that? Although I think their are shops discounting off of their cost, they just aren’t savy enough to realize it.

Sorry Wally! I understand you where only asking questions to help the industry at large. Please forgive me.

I didn't write that. It looks like wally appropriated my name for his own purpose.

Freddy
Sorry Wally! I understand you where only asking questions to help the industry at large. Please forgive me.
It's true that Freddy didn't write the apology. I wrote it using his name. But he should have!!

The last three “Freddy” comments were not mine. Unbelievable.

The last three “Freddy” comments were not mine. Unbelievable. Again, he asked, “do you mark up from cost?” How could a question like that benefit our industry?

Which Freddy comments were written by Freddy and which Freddy comments were written by wally? And which wally comments were written by wally and which wally comments were written by Freddy?
If Freddy didn't write the Freddy or the wally comments and wally didn't write the wally comments or the Freddy comments, then who was the anonymous New York Times op-ed writer, and could an anonymous NYT op-ed writer or Bob Woodward lie to us?

confused
Which Freddy comments were written by Freddy and which Freddy comments were written by wally? And which wally comments were written by wally and which wally comments were written by Freddy?
If Freddy didn't write the Freddy or the wally comments and wally didn't write the wally comments or the Freddy comments, then who was the anonymous New York Times op-ed writer, and could an anonymous NYT op-ed writer or Bob Woodward lie to us?
No matter which way you turn, your azzwhole is always behind you.

It's funny. I see all kinds of comments. Many are really sarcastic like mine. The last 6 months or maybe longer I've seen Nags get dumped on. What I don't see is Nags defenders.

Where are the people who submit themselves to the fanciful "benchmark" concoctions to tell us why they kow-tow to Nags, rather than ignore the bolshoi.

There are glass costs, labor costs, shop supplies, shop rent or mortgage, vehicle costs, maintenance, insurance costs, electricity and all kinds of other overhead---- plus---- ROI--- return on investment---- like, instead of running your business, you took your money and put it into a CD or the stock market or some other investment. So if you do make "a Profit" from your glass shop, is that profit adequate for the time and money invested? If you went to work for somebody else and took the cash from your business and stuck it in the bank for a lousy 0.50% interest rate, is it possible you would be better off than with the ROI you are getting?

So, Nags defenders, tell us why you stick with them even when those prices are hopeless losers!
Why are you so very frightened to justify a reasonable selling to insurance companies or anyone else without resorting to an outside of the industry third party's crap numbers?

Please, tell us why you do it!

Vinnie
It's funny. I see all kinds of comments. Many are really sarcastic like mine. The last 6 months or maybe longer I've seen Nags get dumped on. What I don't see is Nags defenders.

Where are the people who submit themselves to the fanciful "benchmark" concoctions to tell us why they kow-tow to Nags, rather than ignore the bolshoi.

There are glass costs, labor costs, shop supplies, shop rent or mortgage, vehicle costs, maintenance, insurance costs, electricity and all kinds of other overhead---- plus---- ROI--- return on investment---- like, instead of running your business, you took your money and put it into a CD or the stock market or some other investment. So if you do make "a Profit" from your glass shop, is that profit adequate for the time and money invested? If you went to work for somebody else and took the cash from your business and stuck it in the bank for a lousy 0.50% interest rate, is it possible you would be better off than with the ROI you are getting?

So, Nags defenders, tell us why you stick with them even when those prices are hopeless losers!
Why are you so very frightened to justify a reasonable selling to insurance companies or anyone else without resorting to an outside of the industry third party's crap numbers?

Please, tell us why you do it!

Have I mentioned that I LIKE Vinnie? lol

Vinnie, my best explanation to you is this: NAGS is like an addictive drug, voluntary or forced, either way. Those addicted can't seem to grasp their addiction, they think they can control their addiction, even when they openly complain that they can't control it.

It's an enigma. However, many see the light, albeit when it finally hits them between the eyes like a 2 x 4, and that number is growing, obviously, since you don't see the "same" people posting asking the same questions as the ones that started this string.

The only difference is, those answering, got tired of answering repeatedly. Fortunately, it's all there in the search function, as you pointed out.

As I pointed out in a different string, this latest NAGS "rebirth" may be a catalyst for a mass exodus, because as more and more folks are forced to do the basic math of the equation, noting that their income isn't exceeding their out-go, that 2 x 4 begins to swing.

JMHNLO, and, HTH

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com