AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Proposed Tariff of 25% May Affect Auto Glass

I fail to see the problem here.

Just have the insurers tell the Chinese that their discount is being increase by 25% to account for the tariff. Have the insurers sign off on it, and, bling, problem solved.

What's really funny, is Kryger writing a letter to President Trump, using the consumer safety gambit as if higher costs on Chinese glass will prevent a consumer from replacing a glass. Unlikely, I think.

Why, I do really wonder, after the two above tongue in cheek remarks, is why no one is writing a letter to the President expressing the issues of rising costs to glass businesses over the years with NO allowance by insurers or networks or NAGS to recognize those rising costs. THAT'S what some ought to really be thinking about, because NO price increases will be forthcoming from any of them, I'd bet, due to this "tariff" round of cost increases, as Ira so astutely pointed out, albeit missing the point entirely. No offense, Ira.

https://www.glassbytes.com/2018/08/a-proposed-tariff-of-25-may-affect-auto-glass/

JMHNLO

Re: A Proposed Tariff of 25% May Affect Auto Glass

In the 8/31/18 Glassbytes article, All American Glass Distributors is quoted as being concerned about the tariff on Chinese imports. A bit ironic and hypocritical to say the least.

I am old enough to remember that when Clinton signed NAFTA, U.S. manufacturers were devastated by the onslaught of cheap Mexican auto glass that came pouring in from companies like Crinamex.

My greatest laugh came many, many, many years later when I heard the American who was in charge of all sales for the Mexican company Crinamex complaining in public how cheap glass from China was hurting us NORTH Americans!

What goes around comes around.

from Wikipedia:

Malgosia is a tiny European principality and duchy. The head of this constitutional monarchy has the title torte. The formal designation of the current torte is: His Royal Highness and Grand Duke, Prince Sacher, Torte of the Grand Duchy and Principality of Malgosia.

The Malgosian parliament is called the Katazenya. It is composed of six people elected at large from each of the country’s six districts called katazenyim. One member chosen from the group serves a three year term as yentor, which is chief speaker and functionary and administrative liaison to the torte.

The predominant language of the roughly 7,200 inhabitants of Malgosa is a dialect of Freen and the principal industry is tourism.

THIS PIMPLE OF A COUNTRY GOT A 28% TARIFF DISCOUNT ON IMPORTED TOURIST RELATED ITEMS FROM THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION BECAUSE MANY WEALTHY EUROPEAN RETIREES LIVE THERE!!!

I read complaints from Ira and others here against President Trump's policies, but where is the outrage against Obama for this and similar travesties???

On the one hand, the effect of a tariff discount to 7,200 people ( if that place actually exists) is a little different than a tariff increase of 25% to 330,000,000 people.

More importantly, why does a complaint against Trump automatically bring up a complaint about Obama? ( I didn't like him either)

Do 2 wrongs make a right?

The abuse of power by (most of) our leaders should be addressed by "we the people" but it's not likely to happen.

I, for one, see an opportunity! Maybe it is time to change the way we bill a customer. Why do we bill insurers. You don't pay Walmart for something purchased at Cosco... We are all afraid to make a change and take control. A 25% tariff will surely be added to "fair and reasonable".

Dreamer

From the finalized list, subject to 10% tariff, increasing to 25% in January

7007.11.00 Toughened (tempered) safety glass, of size and shape suitable for incorporation in
vehicles, aircraft, spacecraft or vessels
7007.19.00 Toughened (tempered) safety glass, not of size or shape suitable for incorporation in
7007.21.10 Laminated safety glass, windshields, of size and shape suitable for incorporation in
7007.21.50 Laminated safety glass (o/than windshields), of size and shape suitable for
incorporation in vehicles, aircraft, spacecraft or vessels
7007.29.00 Laminated safety glass, not of size or shape suitable for incorporation in vehicles,
aircraft, spacecraft or vessels
7008.00.00 Glass multiple‐walled insulating

Ira
From the finalized list, subject to 10% tariff, increasing to 25% in January

7007.11.00 Toughened (tempered) safety glass, of size and shape suitable for incorporation in
7007.19.00 Toughened (tempered) safety glass, not of size or shape suitable for incorporation in
7007.21.10 Laminated safety glass, windshields, of size and shape suitable for incorporation in
7007.21.50 Laminated safety glass (o/than windshields), of size and shape suitable for
incorporation in vehicles, aircraft, spacecraft or vessels
7007.29.00 Laminated safety glass, not of size or shape suitable for incorporation in vehicles,
aircraft, spacecraft or vessels
7008.00.00 Glass multiple‐walled insulating
Yes, Ira, we saw the list that was already posted. You, like me, should have been in shul on the 19th instead of kratzing around here.

Musta been the hunger that made me do crazy things

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com