AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New York state law

Does anyone know the current N Y law on glass transparency.

We had a customer get ticketed for "non/transparent" rear side windows.

It's obvious that the front side glass must transmit 70% of visible light, but the rear side windows??????

Makes no sense since almost all of the SUV's out there have privacy glass in the rear side glasses.

I'm wondering if the cop was just looking to fulfill his ticket quota

Re: New York state law

SUVs, Trucks, and Vans have diff regulations than passenger cars.

Very interesting: regarding the car vs. truck tint or privacy laws.. Like me, im sure most were not and are not aware of the seperate laws..

If someone can tell me how that makes sense, I'd love to hear it

think "cargo area"; the difference between cars and vans when it comes to these laws.

Who ever said Federal regulations have to make sense?

See https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/tinted-windows

Davey

First of all.....thanks

The law is exactly as I thought, except the police have been giving tickets for the rear windows, even if the car has mirrors on both sides....which most cars have.

With 2 outside mirrors, dark glass is allowable on windows behind the driver

I was a local police officer from 1973 to 1982 and under today's law enforcement atmosphere I really admire police officers that are willing to put their lives on the line every tour of duty.

You really have to have courage to walk up to a stopped car with dark windows not knowing what is going on inside.

Today, kids are not taught to respect authority. It seems they are taught to question it. That needs to change. Many tragedies could be avoided if people learned to obey a police officers order rather than question it.

JMHO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com