AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pilkington price increase

It's funny how facts change over 30 years.

Our business was OEM based. Our main suppliers were LOF, Carlite, PPG and Mopar. We also bought small amounts from Guardian and Safelite.

If memory serves me right, we did buy one or 2 Truckloads from Mexico ( Crinamex) which contained domestic numbers, but we were buying hundreds of truckloads per year.

Aside from that, the only glass we imported from overseas were foreign car parts, and it was not as much a part of the market, 30 years ago, as it is now.

My point in this thread is that we ( the retail glass market) are going to bear the brunt of this tax, since most of the glass we get is made in China and I doubt that NAGS will adjust prices accordingly.

JMHO

You are welcome, IRA. I would suggest you support American manufacturers, but you were never big on supporting American manufacturers like Guardian, for example, back when there actually were American manufacturers.

For the record.....

Not quite sure what happened to my earlier response but, our main suppliers were LOF, PPG, Carlite and Mopar ( all OEM manufacturers)

We purchased most of our foreign parts overseas, but not domestic numbers, and foreign parts were not that big a part of the market 30 years ago, as they are now.

Love the arguments,as do insurers, who created this un-American system. Isn't it time we stop the in-fighting and re-direct that energy in the correct direction?

A "like" to dizzy.

For Ira:

Ira, did you actually just blame Trump and assuage NAGS?

Please tell me I have misunderstood your post. Otherwise, I can't believe a man of your years, experience, and education just said that. Literally, figuratively, actually, honestly, and last but certainly not least, incredulously.

JMHNLO

another reason to stop doing auto glass when will you learn , you can not make money any more!!!!

You've been around too long to let Nags run your business Ira.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com