AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
QUESTION for SAFELITE and LYNX

All our vendors have notified us of prices increases. Your companies have a monopoly on the insurance business and we don't have the ability to contact any companies to ask a question. So I'm asking you what are you doing about passing on these price increases for insurance work? Since you control the work, pricing and all aspects of glass claims it is your responsibility to address this issue! You are the liaison to the insurance world so how do we pass on our increases?

Re: QUESTION for SAFELITE and LYNX

JAW
All our vendors have notified us of prices increases. Your companies have a monopoly on the insurance business and we don't have the ability to contact any companies to ask a question. So I'm asking you what are you doing about passing on these price increases for insurance work? Since you control the work, pricing and all aspects of glass claims it is your responsibility to address this issue! You are the liaison to the insurance world so how do we pass on our increases?
You sound like the light-weights who were under the delusion that in November of 2016, they were voting for the president of the whole world. Get a life, Jaw, the U.S. president's job is to run the country for the betterment of American citizens, and your ridiculous notion that Safelite and Lynx have some sort of "responsibility" to you indicates you need to go to work for somebody instead of trying to run your own business.

@xn-- bravo!

Accurate, XN, but a bit strong. lol

Actually, one can only wonder when the light will shine on people to make them realize that there is no such thing as insurance work, never has been, and that companies like Lynx and SS work for insurers, with insurers, and because of insurers, NOT retailers.

They, nor the insurers, are contracting for repairs, and the only reason this industry has its pricing dictated to it by a third party NOT in the contract of repair, is because this industry allows it.

Cliche's abound: "Benefits of Membership" and "The definition of insanity is to keep doing what you've always done and expect different results", are my faves, with "The Emperor's New Clothes" and "Mastercard Moment" (questions to SS and Lynx like above) running a close second.

JMHNLO

y bother

A TPA does not send business to your shop. A TPA takes what they can because Indy businesses allow it to happen.

Everyone who says to direct bill is correct.

Is it easier to stop the foolish, This shop is not on our approved list, customer scare script, yes hell yes it is.

But business is business and if you are in business then Why give the TPA your money, the money required to run your business?

You get NOTHING! They get RICH off of you.

Yes many of us started on the Networks and saw the light.

Take a stand. You used Trial and Error to establish your business so stand up and run it.

Search on here for direct billing. Do the same foot work you did to get customers to figure out how to direct bill. Be fair while keeping your company bills paid and saving to retire.

I brought my car to my friend's body shop to have some collision repair work done.

My insurance company said he was not on their "approved list" and they cannot guarantee his work.

I told my insurance company I didn't ask them whether or not THEY approve of him, I said I am the only one who needs to approve of him, which I do. Additionally, I said nobody was asking or expecting them to 'guarantee" his work, HE does that, and THEIR job is just to pay him.

They did not say boo after that.

if NAGS list price increases and you buy off of list.
aren't your agreements based on a discount off of nags list
so you sell of the same list.
so aren't you passing it on or am I missing something

You my friend are missing a lot. Are you actually in the auto glass business?

Nags is not representing the industry. Only the networks & Insurance companies that send them on nice vacations with kick backs. Can anyone say class action lawsuit and this mess is done.

A network helping to "pass on increases". LMAO That's rich.

Hey Jaws, while you are begging LYNX for help, you might want to ask how you are supposed to pass on the State Farm price DECREASE they (LYNX) just announced? You know, the one that states:

Effective August 29, the new pricing rates will be:

• The current windshield chip repair rate of $50 (single), $60 (two chip repairs), and $70 (three chip repairs) will change to a flat rate of $65, regardless of the number of repairs
• Pricing Zone 1: Currently 32% off of NAGS list price for the piece of glass will change to 38% off of NAGS list price
• Pricing Zone 2: Currently 24% off of NAGS list price for the piece of glass will remain at 24% off of NAGS list price
• Pricing Zone 3: Currently 0% off of NAGS list price for the piece of glass will remain at 0% off of NAGS list price
• Labor will increase from $38/NAGS labor hour to $39/NAGS labor hour

Since these networks are apparently running your business anyway, why not ask the question?

Too funny.

thank you for proving my point

Nags is NOT a list price and has NO relevance to what wholesalers or dealers charge for parts. Nags provides a BENCHMARK for each Nags part number, and labor hours for each part. What you charge for parts and labor should be determined by YOU. But if you want to let someone else dictate what you charge don’t cry to others for sympathy.

My question still remains:

How do you come up with all "repairing one, two or more chips for one "flat fee"? Are the dates of loss all the same? If I hit a deer in the morning, I pay my deductible, if I hit one 10 hours later, another deductible. So, why are they expecting one price.........BECAUSE WE LET THEM...

Over the years I attempted to shed some light on the nature of insurance companies, networks, TPAs, and NAGS here on this forum. I attempted to persuade people to run their own businesses and not allow others to run their businesses. It is quite obvious I wasted my time.

So I started coming here just for laughs, but found myself disconcerted by the same old same old same old same old pathetic pleas from the totally unbusinesslike people in auto glass who let themselves be dictated to by outsiders. So I will just tell you about my uncle Ramon and then go away.

My uncle Ramon would be celebrating his 103rd birthday this week if he hadn't been run down by a bus in 1987.

FROM GOOD HANDS TO BOXING GLOVES
The Dark side of insurance.
Read it will answer ALL your questions.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com