AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite, OEM GLASS AND DEALER GLASS

So Safelite is now requesting on pretty much every dispatch they send me to use Dealer glass with the P.O.P. attached to each claim. This started happening the past 2 weeks, directly stating on the work order " Customer requested original equipment glass and it has been approved ". By original equipment do they mean OEM? or does the part have to be DEALER ONLY?
If its dealer glass I'm only getting paid LIST, which my discount is only 10% off! Talk about getting squeezed by these crooks!

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
Alex H
Calexico Ca

Re: Safelite, OEM GLASS AND DEALER GLASS

I would say logo part. I Always have to send MY POP , for years?

what the previous person wrote is correct.

i think you need to understand the difference between OEM and
an OEM brand.
OEM is a part you bought from the dealer with a logo.
buying a Pilkington part from Pilkington warehouse (oe brand)
and buying a Pilkington from the dealer with a BMW logo on it are not the same thing.

You may want it to be because the cost is not the same but it isn't no matter how much you want it to be.

To Valley Glass and to Larry:

Work for the devil, then give the devil his due.

Unhappy with the profitability, Valley Glass? Then notify the police that the Safelite network is holding a loaded gun to your head and forcing you to take work you don't want.

I'm not sure what the dealers in Calexico do for you but, in most cases you should be able to negotiate a better discount.

On the other hand, maybe that's why they are referring these jobs to you and not doing them themselves.

I agree with the other posts....OEM means dealer glass

OE is Original Equipment, or dealer glass. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. Pilkington, PGW, FY, are a few examples. Sometimes you can get OE from your supplier, Carlite is one example, even though Carlite no longer produces its own glass. Other OE parts can only be obtained from dealers.

Freddy
your definition is incorrect
OEM is a logo
you can say it but it doesn't make it true

Dude, you live in Calexico Drop off the networks charge list price with a high labor rate charge for everything! Who else will do the work? YOU ARE IN Calexico!

Your welcome

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com