AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Service Auto Glass deliveries

Just received the email that service auto glass is will call only in San Antonio. And they are imposing a $25.00 fee on all returns, Great way to grow you business. show your customers just how much you value them.

Re: Service Auto Glass deliveries

...maybe they'd rather focus on their core business? Vs a business where there is zero loyalty and everyone wants everything for free. I'm guessing they will be just fine

Two different divisions with different management and they have a large investment in infrastructure tied up. Why not work to make it profitable. I am not a fan of Safelite, but I have seen other glass companies that are both retail and wholesale that did well with business models. Just wondering why they are pulling back.

Its easy to figure out, there numbers are on decline and to try to help pull those numbers back up is to eliminate some of there competitors. By not delivering to competitors in outlining areas they put those people in a bind. The number of warehouse employees will also be cut in time and money saved as a result, in the end it wont help because Safelite as a whole is in decline.

buddboy,
I think if I explain to you why they stopped deliveries you wouldn't understand.

I doubt a guy that doesn't know the difference between "Their" and "There"
could comprehend how a healthy, profitable company operates.

I would love to here your explanation, so please go ahead

Clunk
buddboy,
I think if I explain to you why they stopped deliveries you wouldn't understand.

I doubt a guy that doesn't know the difference between "Their" and "There"
could comprehend how a healthy, profitable company operates.
Your write, Klink. I red Bil Gaits iz a loosey speler two. U r evidently moor suckcessfil then buddboy and Gatz. Mus bea neice too bea U.

I would rather teach a pig to sing.

Clunk
Indeed it really must be ever so wonderful to be Miss Clunk.

Lord Byron
Clunk
Indeed it really must be ever so wonderful to be Miss Clunk.
I am offended by Lord Byron. It is Ms. Clunk if you don't mind!

Clunk has no explanation, his only explanation is a insult about a word spelling. Just as I suspected. CLOWN . I know what Iam talking about Clunker.

S L Financials are reported in AGRR magazine and don't agree with what you say in regard to a decline.

So I ask buddboy you sound like the expert on S L health.
what proof do you have that SL is in a decline? (besides a dislike of them)
I must not have read the information correctly.

If they’re financially healthy it’s because of how effective they are in stealing jobs with their shady CSRs. I guess they’re like Robin Hood in reverse.

No big loss here. Service is the last resort for buying any auto glass parts or supplies. The prices are so bad (typically $30 to $50 more then other suppliers). It's only a matter of time before they will not do wholesale (if that's what you want to call it), and just worry about safelite and safelite only. Which is pretty much the case now.

Agreed. We’ve never bought a single part from them. Never will.

or maybe...they decided that the majority of service customers only bought because of price or inventory breadth and a giant part of their sales were theoretically in competition with their core business....and maybe they looked at the investment necessary to maintain deliveries and with the aid of their new "partner"/minority investor, decided the capital outlay to maintain the service wasn't a good way to spend cash, as with any PE, the short term cash focus is more important than the long game share builder/expense eater. so maybe they are taking a bullet today and giving other suppliers a windfall under the misguided, but plausible assumption that this move will leverage their superior (it is) inventory for their core business (it wont) and translate wholesale share into retail share (will translate to 1 of 20 jobs at best)....but it won't work that way in the long run...because you can't corner the market on product and, like always, they probably underestimate the determination of those that the think they will gain share from....so I guess it is a short term way to leverage existing capital spend and lower cash requirements to paint a prettier picture for whomever comes into the "family" of investors next.....or maybe not....they are smart people, I'm sure there is a plan that makes more sense than the "going broke" narrative - so the rest of us will just keep finding ways to kick their ass one job at a time and not really worry about it.

Well said.

you are the clown
learn to write like an adult

if you can not figure out why
well its the same reason you don't scratch where it doesn't itch
"you don't have to"

next you will be asking "why is the sky blue and the grass green"?

buddboy must have got caught using neighbors wifi again we haven't read anything from him in a while.

They were bought by Safelite so only deliveries to Safelite stores.

Weren’t they ALWAYS Safelite?

Dave
Service auto glass was always S L in fact its their original name.
They only used the name service because wholesale customer didn't want a SL van pulling up in their driveway.

They stopped delivers and dropped the service name.

One band one sound
now one name

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com