AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DNS Auto Glass

repair techs only repair
replace techs replace
nice try DB

Verily.... I hath seeneth the video. They hath replaceth many windshields due to a small surface pitteth. When confronted the "salesman" spewed forth fire and brimstone foul language and droveth away. Moses laugheth at him...

Plainly insurance fraudeth...

Dots
DNS...don't you mean Coast to Coast? Same company, guys.

Oh, and you are supposed to give this outfit a "pass" because they are only a shady company b/c Slite says so due to C2C being a threat to their TPA model.

Right Sglass?

Thank you Dots for valueing my input so highly.
Some day mabe if you read enough of what
I post, you'll understand it.
Actually I don't have an opion on this. I don't know enough of the true facts to formulate one.

Their business model stinks on ice. All the sub-contacted segments of their operation are prone to abuse. My research reveals a web of seemingly legitimate entities forcing themselves on the public with almost no vested interest in the communities in which they operate.
I saw the video, the pinhead size ding was clearly dead center drivers view. Grey Area, inconclusive. They could have put that ding anywhere else to make the argument more credible. What was truly Damming was all the used windshields an ex employeee had saved, and proceeded to bang the against a fence to show how stable they were.
Unfortunately, When we harvest, reap what we sow , we'll be subject the scrutiny of a truly F -Rated shop(s).

cullen vs statefarm

ohm
Their business model stinks on ice. All the sub-contacted segments of their operation are prone to abuse. My research reveals a web of seemingly legitimate entities forcing themselves on the public with almost no vested interest in the communities in which they operate.
I saw the video, the pinhead size ding was clearly dead center drivers view. Grey Area, inconclusive. They could have put that ding anywhere else to make the argument more credible. What was truly Damming was all the used windshields an ex employeee had saved, and proceeded to bang the against a fence to show how stable they were.
Unfortunately, When we harvest, reap what we sow , we'll be subject the scrutiny of a truly F -Rated shop(s).

I have to admit, in this specific case I've no idea what the actual truth is.
But the TPA gets paid any way, in every way, Its a win, win, win situation for them so its not going to go away. What I'm saying is we have to get past it, it won't end and theoretically it doesn't matter. In this case
One bad apple dont spoil the whole bunch.
You can't police the police that police the police, etc., etc..
It's very simple, buyer beware, let the customer decide. Got to step up your game, get your story straight and tell it to the world. Nothing new. I could go on but .....

ok, last post...

Understand this...my posts were not about fraud, nor were they meant to dredge up debate on the validity of the story that aired. Media is media. I responded to a "leader" of a national organization putting a juvenile, knee jerk post up under name and title; thus putting the entire memberships name on his personal view. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they aren't entitled to dictate mine by inclusion.

I questioned the strategy of doing such in the face of an overwhelmingly negative perception of the issue.

I questioned the wisdom behind defending through diversion the practice of the "representative" on the video.

I don't care what your stance is, the guy on the video was awful and did damage to our credibility. Debate the issue all you want, what "John Q" thinks is all that matters. If you think you can overcome that by calling the reporting bad and ignoring the obvious idiot, you have, once again, misplayed your hand.

The pattern is so predictable it is funny. Same rhetoric, same tactics, same results, same finger pointing.

Gary and Mike both really like to play the "everyone sits on the sidelines" card. The elephant in the room is that it isn't the flocks job to be motivated by the shepherd, it is the shepherds job to motivate the flock. That hasn't happened and it is a 100% indicator that the tactics are wrong, or the messengers are inadequate.

BTW Mike, don't confuse me and my "ilk's" criticism with apathy. I spent about an hour on these posts and not once did I name call. Because my opinion is different than yours, you choose to tag me as "the other side"..or whatever name you pull out that day. Understand this - "I" think "YOU" and "THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR" are WRONG. I am not apathetic. I have an opinion and am posting it.

Simple common sense and results would indicate that my "ilk" is the majority. The only ones in the room that don't understand that your methods are NOT WORKING are those that choose to hang titles and point fingers. Ultimately, results, not rhetoric, indicate effectiveness. How's that working over the last decade or two?

you can have whatever agenda you choose if you can convince people to follow you and commit. If you fail, over and over again, you should rethink your agenda. This isn't a "feel good" story about how good overcame evil. This is a group of individuals that could be developed into successful business people by putting focus on making them better at what they do and positioning that correctly, which includes condemnation of those that damage your credibility as a group.

Or you can just focus on S and ignoring everything else...that will do it.

But, there are jobs to gain (and lose) and software to sell with fire and brimstone..so by all means, carry on.

tick tock.

So how do you bridge that gap, as a business owner and shaker, if the cat dont know , the cat dont know period

Your job should be to bring obscurity into focus, insults will not do.

Some prefer the argument, so dont be frustrated, some thrive off your argument, so dont feed it.

Ultimately,

"those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"...George Santayana

There are lessons to learn from dozens of industries regarding how to harness the power of association. Our industry seems to have missed those comparisons outside of the body shop business.

As far as my responsibility, it is to run a successful business, be innovative, understand, minimize and avoid my competitors strengths and exploit their weaknesses in an ethical, profitable way. The more successful I am, the more success my family and my employees families enjoy.

It is hard work, but it seems to be working pretty well, without legislation or empty rhetoric.

Strategy,

I would hardly say what I wrote is name calling. Anyway, associations belong to the membership, not the other way around. So your characterization of sitting on the sidelines is accurate. There is a lot of talent in your industry and some sharp minds and if all that talent and energy were put to constructive use, you all might have the opportunity to build your successful businesses even more.

Mike, are you like the guy who breaks up with a girlfriend, but then stalks her? Were you ex-girlfriend and we do not want you that's why we broke up. Now go on now.

Not alot of men with that name, are there percy?
Mike has the right to be wrong just like the rest of us.

Speak for yourself, Percy!
We need all the help we can get.

Back to the thread. If the truth be known, fradulent auto glass claims represent less than one tenth of one percent of all comprehensive coverage claims.

In other words, insurance companies would recover much more money if the same efforts were spent on other fradulent claims as were spent on auto glass claims.

Conclusion....Safelite is sensationalizing the problem for self serving purposes i.e. to try to blackball any competitor that actually goes out and activly seeks business by inspecting windshields for damage.

JB
Speak for yourself, Percy!
We need all the help we can get.

Back to the thread. If the truth be known, fradulent auto glass claims represent less than one tenth of one percent of all comprehensive coverage claims.

In other words, insurance companies would recover much more money if the same efforts were spent on other fradulent claims as were spent on auto glass claims.

Conclusion....Safelite is sensationalizing the problem for self serving purposes i.e. to try to blackball any competitor that actually goes out and activly seeks business by inspecting windshields for damage.

I agree. They're called "Claims Harvesters" or, as NICB has coined the phrase, "Windshield Bullies". They actively seek out consumers with damaged glass, and sell their services at car washes, gas stations, service centers, malls, or other public locations.

Of course, if you have the insureds CALL YOU with notice of damage, then market your services to them, the "harvester" and "bully" applique no longer apply, nor does the inference of any illegal activity.

Funny how that small detail washes one's hands of the apparent bad smelling substance associated with steering. Excuse me, I meant to say aggressive marketing.

Personally I don't like either business model, but that's not really the issue here, though many would have you believe it is.

JMHNLO

I started this thread to "defend" the practice of educating the insured of their rights when replacing or repairing a windshield. I get the feeling it has turned into a feud between the replace/repair shops versus the repair only shops.

JB,

You hit it right on the head. The windshield bullies program between Safelite and the NICB was designed in an effort to undermine direct marketing. Fraud is fraud whether done in a shop or in the field. Any person who commits fraud should be punished but these people would make you feel that it is widespread so they can defend the necessity of the TPA system. I have said from day 1 that the NICB and their headlines are nothing but tabloid journalism.

did a repair for customer today she told me dns was out in front of walmart with a tent ib baltimore look at her ws and said they could repair her ws as long as she would give them her ins information she told them to pound sand they have alot of nerv

DNS and other companies that "consumer direct" market auto glass and repair are here to stay. What should be understood is these companies are not unique to the auto glass industry. They exist in the other industries as well (home remodeling, etc.).

In my opinion their operating model (claims harvesting) is not any different than a company that runs multi-million dollar media blitzes or companies that offer incentives to consumers (steaks, gift cards, etc.) to influence an insured customer to create "a shop of preference". Singling out one company from many that have similar models should not be a talking point. The practices are real, factual and relevant in today’s auto glass industry.

With this in mind, these factors separate glass shops owned or managed by businessmen/businesswomen who know how to approach a competitive business factor versus a glass technician that might have great installation skill but limited business acumen who miss this point.

Hence I come to my conclusion. Regardless of your business skill level acknowledge the competitive factors in today’s auto glass industry. To use a quote from a great Clint Eastwood character: "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome". If you can’t then you will continue to struggle to capture market share in a low demand business climate.

JMHO

"improvise, adapt & overcome"
Since referrals from TPA's are now negligible, terminate all O&A and/or affiliate agreements.

Then the competition won't be able to advertise that they cover 95% of the country.

Demand that insurance carriers provide an alternative way to file claims if they use a competitor to administer their auto glass claims. Demand that they not release proprietary and confidential business information to your competitors.

Continue to provide excellent service and you will "overcome".

What ever became of DNS Auto Glass?

still around, MANY NAMES!!!!!

who does honest quality work anymore? no one!

They are many different names.

1.Auto glass shop llc.
2.Coast to Coast Autoglass
3.New Image Autoglass
4.Izon Autoglass
5.Chippio Autoglass

Just a few here but many many more.

You don't want to be accused of fraud, if you don't do chip repairs, how would you know what can and can not be repaired. Just my 2 cents.. just say I do not do repairs, don't do repairs, do not bill repairs don't own a repair kit.

You don't even have a clue. Not the same companies maybe similar marketing but not ALL the same ownership. I hope they come back in the market BIG again it was fun to see all the comments much more interesting then the site is today.

Autoglass Phx.

Sep 26, 2015 - 2:55PM

They are many different names.

1.Auto glass shop llc.
2.Coast to Coast Autoglass
3.New Image Autoglass
4.Izon Autoglass
5.Chippio Autoglass

Just a few here but many many more.

Andy from Chippio Auto glass,Izon Auto glass, Vision Auto glass

Are you still running these change the name because why??? business's.

Intresting how this business business model has held up over the years

the legal fees must be enormous.

No really the legal fee's are just part of doing business, just like advertising for us. You put it in the budget and deal with it. Yes the glass business has been very good to all of us over the years. Also we have created names specific to markets and sales people but most of all to keep Safelite on it's toes LOL. Back in the good old days of billing the insurance through the roof it was very important to be preferred these days not so much. Autoglass Phx I bet we ate your lunch many times. You only wish you could have done all those jobs. Sit by your phone and spiff your agents and grow old.

Oh by the way New Image = Rex

Hey Andy You Still alive?

I need a job, Lol

Andy's new shop is Smartride

Smartride =Smart Circle

Smartride=Fraud

Auto Glass business is and has been full of fraud for years. In a industry that allows unlicensed uninsured untrained uncertified unqualified people to perform work and bill insurance companies it just will never go away.

When the insurance companies stop paying for repairs the industry will fade away.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com