AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
need some ideas

We are scheduled to visit Cuba for a day in March and one of our scheduled plans is to visit an auto glass shop.

I want to bring some small gifts to them for use in the shop.

Aside from windshield installation sticks, what would they appreciate considering all of the pre-1960 vehicles they have there?

Re: need some ideas

They would really appreciate being rid of Castro.

Windshield Sticks. Go over to Gold Glass on Johnson Ave and ask for some. See Peter. Tell him Otto sent you. 631-981-4277.

Otto Glass
Windshield Sticks. Go over to Gold Glass on Johnson Ave and ask for some. See Peter. Tell him Otto sent you. 631-981-4277.
Aside from windshield installation sticks, what would they appreciate

Thanks for your reply, Otto Glass! I would never have thought of windshield sticks!!

Rubber mallets

I missed that part. GGG will be free.
Fender covers
Windshield cup repair items
Glass Cutters
Plate/Lami pliers
Packing tape
Chanel Knocker
Lacing tools

I'm not sure who sent that message at 5:43, but it wasn't me.

Otto, thanks....some good ideas

Why don't you bring them the video you have on how to cut old FCW's down to make half shields for old American cars?

For those who have no idea what this means.....

Many years ago I was in an auto glass shop the Dominican Republic. Customer had a 1965 Thunderbird needing a DW651 ( none within 500 miles)

Head mechanic looked at car carefully, took out 2 FW246's ( Mazda pickup), cut them down, polished them and the customer left with a 2 piece windshield in his T-bird.

BUTYL

How about a master clip kit for all the years before GM introduced plastic? CRL has them; the salt air down there corrodes everything. Or maybe a roll or 2 of ET-107BFL that they can get really creative with for just about anything. I know, they don't use urethane or even butyl for that matter, but you'd be amazed what these guys could do with it for other applications.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com