AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MY SECRET MAGIC CARLOS FORMULA

Okay, folks, I have posted many, many times over the years and this isn’t rocket science:

1. I have a glass cost

2. I have rent, electricity, water, and phone expenses. I have vehicle expenses. I have employees who get paid fair wages.

3. I have INSURANCE to pay for my vehicles, liability, workman’s comp, property, business interruption, etc.

4. I also get a pay check from my business just like if I was working for someone else.

5. Now instead of running a business, I could take all the money I have invested in my business and all the expenses of the business and throw that money into the bank and receive a really lousy interest rate and go to work for someone else and have a lot fewer headaches.

6. But I DO OWN a business, and therefore want not just “profit”, I want a reasonable ROI--- return on investment. If I am not going to achieve a reasonable ROI, than I will fall back on #5.

7. I take all the above elements and I ADD an amount of money that yields me my reasonable ROI without influence of outside budinskies like NAGS, insurance companies, or TPAs and that is my retail selling price to my customers whether they have insurance or not. And guess what folks– I AM THE ONLY ONE who decides WHAT IS REASONABLE FOR ME!

My company does quality work and enjoys a justifiable excellent reputation in my community. I do not participate in networks and I submit my bills directly to ALL the insurance companies which my customers have coverage with. ALL. One more time: ALL. I do NOT send the bills to my competitors for processing or payment because I am a businessman, not an idiot.

So— everyone wants to know how I pull off this “magic”----

When I started in business years ago using these 7 steps right from the getgo, I was short paid by insurance companies EVERY TIME. And each and every time, we went to court. And each time, we showed the judges all the components of our selling price and thereby DEMONSTRATED to the judges that the selling price was indeed reasonable. We never lost our cases. NEVER. One more time: NEVER.

Yes, folks, this went on for a l-o-n-g time. A very l-o-n-g time. But instead of the insurance companies wearing me down, I FINALLY WORE THEM DOWN! Now I send ALL insurance companies my reasonable bills and I am paid in full. One more time: IN FULL.

Re: MY SECRET MAGIC CARLOS FORMULA

Kudos Carlos. Your business model is the ONLY model that makes sense. Again, how sad that more shops don’t get it.

Good for you, Carlos. The sheep in this business are not business people and are lazy. They want to be spoon fed jobs by networks who pay them crappola and use nags because they ain't too swift. And go to court? Hell, they would rather die a slow unprofitable death than fight. So let them.

Carlos - I sincerely thank you for your response! Now could you expand a bit on your last paragraph:

"Yes, folks, this went on for a l-o-n-g time. A very l-o-n-g time. But instead of the insurance companies wearing me down, I FINALLY WORE THEM DOWN! Now I send ALL insurance companies my reasonable bills and I am paid in full. One more time: IN FULL."

What state are you in? Did you hire an attorney? Was this handled in justice court or civil court? How long did it take to "wear them down"? Did you have to do this to every insurance that you do business with or just a few of them to set a precedent?

Your response will be certainly appreciated!

Carlos, it's AGRR contributing editor Drew Vass. I'd love to talk to you for an article I'm working on. If you're willing, shoot me an email: dvass@glass.com

check with safelite or lynx, they have lists of shops that are authorized to bill direct.

Carlos:

What state are you in? Did you hire an attorney? Was this handled in justice court or civil court? How long did it take to "wear them down"? Did you have to do this to every insurance that you do business with or just a few of them to set a precedent?

Joey
check with safelite or lynx, they have lists of shops that are authorized to bill direct.
"check with safelite or lynx, they have lists of shops that are authorized to bill direct."

Joey, Joey, Joey, Joey! Authorized? Authorized?? AUTHORIZED???? WHO GIVES A FIDDLER'S FART WHAT SAFELITE OR LYNX HAVE LISTS OF!!!!!!

I, you, and anybody can bill direct to insurance companies and receive payment in full. Where have you been, lad???????????? Authorized! Safelite and Lynx lists! Indeed!!!!!

What’s lacking here is education or unfortunately lack of common sense. In most states there are two things insurers can’t do. 1. Tell their insureds where they have to go to have their glass replaced. 2. Set prices.
And yet what are insurance companies doing? Both. Why? You let them.
You do not need an insurance company’s permission to send them a bill. You do need a valid assignment.

Joey
I had missed this post. I didn't think anyone else knew this, yet Joey does, and he's right, I have the documentation.

What should be obvious now, are these questions:

How is it possible for there to BE a list of shops that are authorized to bill direct when shops are routinely told there is no option for billing direct?

What is the criteria, then, for a shop to become authorized to bill direct?

Who sets/writes/establishes those criteria, and how were they arrived at, and what parties were involved in the establishment of such criteria?

Why are they "kept secret", so to speak?

Finally, and the really important ones that matters:

IS ANY OF THE ABOVE CONTAINED IN THE LANGUAGE OF THE INSURANCE POLICY? (And remember, that policy must be written within the confines of state law where the policy contract exists, so don't be fooled when someone tells you what "insurance company policy" is in regards to claims handling to mean "it's IN the POLICY/CONTRACT with the insured". Two distinctly different things, yet it fools most everyone.)

If it isn't IN the policy, how can it be invoked upon the insured, let alone a shop that isn't IN the insurance contract, by someone not in the REPAIR contract, such as an insurer or TPA that isn't either?

And still no examples have been provided of insurers contracting for the repairs to the property. LOL

JMHNLO

AGAIN, Mark is spot on. I have several insurers that I Direct bill who use the big S as a third party. When that third party calls my shop I tell them,”I Direct bill that company.” They say ok and hang up. I send my invoice to the insurer and I’m paid in full.
How many reading this think you have to send invoices to Lynx to get paid by some insurers? WRONG!

STILL WAITING ON CARLOS -

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com