AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
LYNX Now Requires Proof of Successful Recalibration

Our shop is extremely meticulous in doing recalibrations.

We do not work through Lynx or any TPA and only bill directly to insurance companies--- who have yet required proof of our professional prowess or integrity.

If proof becomes required down the road, we will happily provide whatever proof our customers or their insurance companies may want at that future time.

Re: LYNX Now Requires Proof of Successful Recalibration

Leo What State are you in?

lynx stinks they ruin the business

Just sayin
Leo What State are you in?
Illinois

Leo
Our shop is extremely meticulous in doing recalibrations.

We do not work through Lynx or any TPA and only bill directly to insurance companies--- who have yet required proof of our professional prowess or integrity.

If proof becomes required down the road, we will happily provide whatever proof our customers or their insurance companies may want at that future time.
Good for you Leo, I say. And kudos!

I have a question though.

Why are you willing to supply your professional prowess and integrity, or proof thereof, to Lynx, so that they may use it to make themselves look good, via your accomplishments, in the eyes of their employer, the insurer, while you assist them in doing their job for them, while they get paid for it?

If the answer is, so that you can get paid, what's wrong with this picture? Supply your proof to your customer, the car owner. The TPA/Insurer can either accuse you of fraud, or pay the bill. Charge for what you do, and do what you charge for. You don't get paid, nor did you charge, for processing claims. And Lynx nor the insurer contracted with you for the repairs to the property.

JMHNLO

Mark1---- you don't read very well. I wrote very clearly I DO NOT WORK THROUGH LYNX!!! You need new glasses son!!!!!

Leo
Mark1---- you don't read very well. I wrote very clearly I DO NOT WORK THROUGH LYNX!!! You need new glasses son!!!!!
First, Leo, politely, I read just fine, thank you.

Second, please consider for a moment that my question to you, and your answers, may be intended to enlighten and educate others besides you, not to belittle you. I assumed my first paragraph would have been clear on that point, but, apologies if it wasn't.

Third, what is the difference between supplying the documentation to an insurer, or a TPA, be it Lynx, SGC, or any of them? POP is the issue here, just a new variant on POP via the calibration topic.

So, finally, are you going to answer my question(s), for the benefit of the others reading, that have not come to your level of understanding? Here's why:

In most cases, unfortunately, TPA's will receive a forwarded invoice from an insurer that a shop billed directly. The TPA will, as Lynx has stated, simply not pay for items they did not "approve", as if they had some magical authority to approve any repairs or items in a contract they are not party to. But they do. That means they either don't pay a bill at all, or short pay it.

Helping others understand that there is "business life" outside of the "network model" of business, despite the TPA's and insurer's efforts to the contrary, is the goal here.

JMHNLO

Leo,
the confusion may lie in the title you selected for this thread.

your title is "Lynx now requires", although you state you don't
work for Lynx, the title of the thread would lead one to believe
you might.

Who is the Customer?

Mark is correct. Why would a TPA ever need POP or your cost, or proof that the vehicle was recalibrated? If the insurer thinks fraud was committed then they should investigate their insured who signed the assignment from the shop. And if the insured thinks a service was charged for but not provided he should confirm this with the shop. TPAs do everything within their power to slow down payments or not pay at all. Why deal with them? Deal directly with your customer, and sue the insurance company if they don’t honor your assignment. Done deal. Until shops stand up for their rights, and unfortunately most wont, this madness will continue.

Your Efforts are Futile
Leo,
the confusion may lie in the title you selected for this thread.

your title is "Lynx now requires", although you state you don't
work for Lynx, the title of the thread would lead one to believe
you might.

Who is the Customer?
Dear Your Efforts are Futile,

Look at the first story posted on Glassbytes on November 30. All I did was cut and paste the title of the story and then I made my comments. Aaaahhhhhh!

Freddy
Mark is correct. Why would a TPA ever need POP or your cost, or proof that the vehicle was recalibrated? If the insurer thinks fraud was committed then they should investigate their insured who signed the assignment from the shop. And if the insured thinks a service was charged for but not provided he should confirm this with the shop. TPAs do everything within their power to slow down payments or not pay at all. Why deal with them? Deal directly with your customer, and sue the insurance company if they don’t honor your assignment. Done deal. Until shops stand up for their rights, and unfortunately most wont, this madness will continue.
My point, Freddy, almost exactly. Thank you.

Again, no slam to Leo was intended, just the opposite, in fact.

You can’t make this stuff up. An insurer called me today about an invoice of ours that is now over four months old. They asked, “have we paid you yet?” I said no. Why would they even ask? They apologized for taking so long and said they would get a check in the mail. I said thanks.

They called back and said they needed proof of purchase. I asked if they thought we had not installed the part. “Oh no!” I was told.. Then why do you need pop? “We don’t know how to pay you.” I told them to pay my invoice. They said they couldn’t without pop. They didn’t know how to pay me. He then told me they were going to deny the claim. I explained that I would contact my attorney and the Commerce Department. Silence. I thought he hung up on me, but there was still background music. I waited five minutes. A woman came on the line and identified herself as a manager. We had an identical conversation. She added that since my customer had contacted her insurance agent and not the claims office they weren’t obligated to pay my invoice. I told her what I told the first claims rep. Finally she said she needed our pop because their numbers didn’t match mine. I asked what she meant. She said they use NAGS and only NAGS. I explained that we used NAGS to invoice the part. Here’s the funny part. She asked, “did you mark up the part?” YES!!!! “Oh!” she said. And then basically said they would send payment. Stay tuned.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com