AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Have I been v-notching nozzles all wrong?

I only do two or three windshields a year, maybe 15 or 20 overall, so my experience is limited. My only real issue has been the v-notch in the urethane nozzle. I have an Equalizer notching tool, but after seeing some pre-notched nozzles available I think I'm doing it wrong. I cut two v notches in the nozzle 180 degrees apart, but the pre-notched ones only have a single notch. Which is correct?

Re: Have I been v-notching nozzles all wrong?

Listen to what the Urethane company tells you to do 95% of all cars are fine with the precut tip

I’m confused, so you have two V notches in each tip on the polar opposite of each other? Which direction do you shoot your bead in? Are the notches side by side as you shoot or front to back? That’s one massive bead if you have two beads going simultaneously. I must not be understanding your question

Clay
so you have two V notches in each tip on the polar opposite of each other?

Yes. Seemed natural to have the urethane flow out between the notches while I held the 2 tips of the nozzle against the pinchweld and moved it along. The bead is no larger than the v groove but sometimes if I don't move quick enough the urethane can ooze out the leading side.

You should try that with your glass cleaner

Even if you do 1 replacement a year for a customer you need to have proper training. Get with your rep and have him get you the book and go over it with you and take the test. 2 v notches?

Just tried a single notch on a Chevy Cruze. Works much smoother than how I was doing it before. Only issue is when pulling a bead toward you on the upper side, you can't see the output from the nozzle when reaching to the center of the car. Not a big problem.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com