AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Learn What Is Changing at NAGS--- Glassbtes post 9/22

The most important thing changing is that rational glass shop owners are more and more ignoring NAGS b.s. benchmark prices.

Re: Learn What Is Changing at NAGS--- Glassbtes post 9/22

The “benchmark” can work if shops know how to do a proper mark up. Cost plus is also an option. When the rebalancing took place in 2005 Nags provided a chart that showed the math needed to be revenue neutral. Their explanation at the time was that it made more sense to mark up the benchmark rather than give deep discounts. The fact that Nags has remained silent as insurers have gone from being willing to pay prices that were revenue to asking ridiculous discounts suggests they intended to help insurers drive prices down all along. After all, they make little from glass shops, and plenty from insurers so why be fair or loyal to small glass shops or body shops?

nags is useless they can print a price but your wholesaler will charge a different price

Smokey
The “benchmark” can work if shops know how to do a proper mark up. Cost plus is also an option. When the rebalancing took place in 2005 Nags provided a chart that showed the math needed to be revenue neutral. Their explanation at the time was that it made more sense to mark up the benchmark rather than give deep discounts. The fact that Nags has remained silent as insurers have gone from being willing to pay prices that were revenue to asking ridiculous discounts suggests they intended to help insurers drive prices down all along. After all, they make little from glass shops, and plenty from insurers so why be fair or loyal to small glass shops or body shops?

What are you smoking, Smokey? Costs go up! That idea of "revenue neutral" was utter insanity, even if it actually was revenue neutral, which of course it wasn't.

NAGS pricing is not your friend, shop owners.
TPA's are not your friend.
Networks are not your friend.
Insurance companies are not your friend.

Wake up and run your own businesses!

Bel/Safe and the Insurance companies will be the two driving forces behind NAGS enforcement. NAGS give the Insurance companies a guideline to keep prices down from independents shops. NAGS doesn't affect Bel/Safe at all due to the fact they are making $$$ on taking & processing claims, manufacturing glass, replacing glass and every other aspect of auto glass replacement.
JMO

Read my post again. If you mark up the benchmark price properly, to a profit level you can live with, it can work. I didn’t say Nags is our friend. I’m saying if the insurance industry wants me to use Nags I’m gonna mark it up the way I see fit. And if my costs go up? I increase my markup. What’s so hard to understand? And why is what I’m doing any different than a shop that charges cost plus?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com