AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Short Pay by SGC Network

Has anyone else been having problems with SGC? We've been in business almost 15 years and have had pretty good luck with them until recently. Not that we've ever had a LOT of referrals sent our way, but the most recent ones have been (like I've seen by other AGC's out there -- out of the way of Safelite's regular routes) newer, more expensive parts that will likely be OEM parts. You know, parts they won't make any money on. They chuck them on us. Anyhow, 2 of the most recent ones we've received, they short paid us by almost $700!! on one and the other hasn't been paid yet, but the customer wants and OEM glass now (after we installed the aftermarket part they said to install and it just so happens to be one of their glasses & it won't re-calibrate correctly). Now they're trying to tell us they won't allow us to resubmit the invoice for this one (even though it's not been paid yet). Getting very angry because every time I email or call, I have to start over with the whole story on each referral. Spoke to a "supervisor" 2 weeks ago who was very nice and seemed like he was going to be helpful, but now he won't answer the phone or my emails. Anyone have a suggestion on who to contact? (I've emailed the "executive" email for SGC asking to receive a phone call from SOMEONE who can help me with these 2)... just SOOOO frustrated!

Re: Short Pay by SGC Network

lynx was the king of short pay and the CSR you talk to acted like you were lucky to get what they were paying you

sgc has been doing this for years , they will only send you the jobs that A> they dont know how to do or B> there is no profit !!
In fact , a few years ago they would systematically short pay on about every 3rd job somewhere between $ 3.00 to $ 14.00 just to see if you would challenge it. As soon as you would call and fight it .. they would say "oh sorry " and pay the remainder. I was told that this is common practice nationwide that had made the buckets of money from the shops that would not bother because it was such a small amount. Just another of there many tactics to cheat the competition !!

If a customer requests OEM it must be authorized prior to doing the job.
This is the case with all insurance companies.
If you want to get paid get the agreed price upfront and in an email.

Some insurance companies make the policy holder pay the diff between the OEM and AM.
I don't mess around I either get the insurance company to agree on the price or the customer to agree to pay the dif before I do the job so what is going on with you doesn't happen to me.

BD - you must not of read anything he said !!! your response is entirely off subject !!

Keep your comments to the question
If he did what I said he wouldn't have had the problem.

But I'm sure you have a better solution so let's hear it.

BD
If a customer requests OEM it must be authorized prior to doing the job.
This is the case with all insurance companies.
If you want to get paid get the agreed price upfront and in an email.

Some insurance companies make the policy holder pay the diff between the OEM and AM.
I don't mess around I either get the insurance company to agree on the price or the customer to agree to pay the dif before I do the job so what is going on with you doesn't happen to me.

Looks like the vehicle required OEM...not the insured.

Your problem is that you have voluntarily allowed Safelite to be a "middle man" in the process. You should deal directly with the insurance company. The insurer will try to enforce the unenforceable part of their policy that limits claims payouts to what other providers agree to charge.

IMHO the Safelite Network Participation Agreement is unconscionable because of the way it is written and therefore unenforceable. Auto insurers have colluded with Safelite so that they can take control of auto glass repair and replacement pricing. Safelite which only represents less than 20% of service providers has helped the auto insurers find a way to control pricing for the rest of the non-Safelite or independent service providers.

You will need to make sure your customers will back you up with their insurers. Most state laws give the insured the right to choose the service provider and anything in the policy that restricts that right should be ruled unenforceable.

Good luck.

We have recently had the same issue with a 2017 Honda Accord. The customer said they asked SGC for Dealer glass but on the fax from SGC it had already picked the aftermarket part# and the customer did not communicate with us they had asked for dealer glass. Now the dealership will not recalibrate the windshield and SGC wants us to credit/rebill the job for the difference in the OEM and Aftermarket price. The issue I have with this is now we have to eat the original windshield cost plus our labor and adhesive will not be paid for the second install.

if they are going to control the billing process. THEY will have to reimburse you for the second install. Can't play both sides and then blame you for the installing the part they requested.

If the vehicle owner did tell SGC they wanted OEM and SGC dispatched it as aftermarket, it was SGC'S error. Stand your ground and make SGC eat the cost of THEIR mistake. Have your customer back you up.

Both Davey and JAD are ignoring that blanket liability and indemnification agreement in the network agreement that states that neither party shall be responsible to the other....ect ect.

It also ignores the fact that even in the network agreement, let alone outside of network shops, that the insurer, nor the network, is contracting for the repairs to the property...

Push it like Davey and JAD said, and let us know how that works out. Betcha it won't....but as always...this is all JMHNLO.

UPDATE: FINALLY have the issue 99% resolved. Had to reach out to the original insurance company (that is using SGC) and spoke to a claims rep. This person got in touch with their SGC contact who was not just a 'shop care csr'. The original invoice (which was still not ever paid) was scrapped and I was instructed to re-invoice. After I submitted the new invoice along with the POP, they emailed me and said it was rejected, that the POP did not have the list price on it. LOL!!! Plain as day it's on there!! Shew... Wouldn't it make sense for 2, maybe 3, people to handle all the claims for 1 shop so the left hand might know what the right hand is doing? It's like beating our heads against a brick wall at times.

Daveycrewcut (retired): The problem with this is we don't know if the customer told them they wanted OEM. MOST people out there are totally unaware of any difference of OEM or not. The dealership told the customer there was a defect in the aftermarket part and couldn't get the W/S to recalibrate. The only reason we went along with doing the aftermarket in the first place is because we were being shorted by SGC for actually installing an OEM glass on another vehicle, but because the OEM was available through one of our regular vendors and had a Nags part #, they didn't want to honor the OEM pricing approval. You wouldn't believe the fight I had to give on this one too, but finally got it resolved. What's funny is SAG shows: Part #: DW02033 GTYOEM Part Brand: OEM (example) as their OEM part # and what was billed was the same "nags oem" number and they balked on it. It wasn't an SAG glass, but it's the same part #. (It wasn't a CAR or MOP glass either, it was a GM glass, so there's no 'oem' code after the glass. Just OEM. It's all wacky.) All I can say is.... NEVER GIVE UP!! If you know you're in the right, just keep at it!

Dear F&I,
"The Customer" is yours. It is your responsibility to explain the difference between OEM and aftermarket to the customer. (You should educate them as to your prior experience regarding aftermarket glass not calibrating properly!) If they decide OEM and SGC dispatches it as aftermarket while "the customer" wants OEM, it is your responsibility to make sure SGC re-dispatches it correctly. You should do it before you order the glass and make the installation. It is your responsibility to make sure "the customer" knows he or she will have to pay what their insurer won't pay.

A good shop owner would stand with "the customer" and agree to testify in court as to the validity of his invoice so "the customer" is not out of pocket any more than their deductible.

If SGC won't cooperate, go directly to the insurer. You know you can bypass SGC on any claim.
JMHO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com