AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

So SGC called our shop Monday July 3rd to see if we could accommodate a customer for a windshield replacement on Thursday July 6th. We excepted the job and than I asked the SGC Representative how they were referred to us. She said the SGC network chose our shop because safelite was booked. I thought that was pretty blatant that she would come right out and say that. Anyway I come into work today and there is a message from the customer saying Safelite called her and said they can now do the replacement and told her they would switch the claim to them and for her to call us and let us know.

Re: Anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

I don't really see anything wrong with it.
the customer has the right to choose whoever they want and if they didn't choose you and they chose Sl let Safelite do the job and MoveOn

I think the Customer is told at least 3 times The choice is theirs.

We may not like the results but I do all I can to let customer know why they should use me

The customer called the USAA (SGC) glass claims and the windshield replacement was sent to us via the 800#. Because Safelite was booked (not that the customer necessarily wanted use Safelite). We excepted the job and did all the leg work involved since the customer wanted dealer glass (SGC authorizations, calling dealer, ordering part, having check ready for dealer, typing up work order, etc, etc). Just to have Safelite take the job away from us.

If a network member, as in "contract signed" then, "Benefits of Membership" applies.

If you are not a network contract signee, then consider one word, after accounting for all of your efforts: "Estoppel".

Where you go from there, is up to you.

Of course, as always, this is all JMHNLO

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com