AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The auto glass industry is truly unique

Consider if you will: in how many industries is one company another company's competitor, customer, supplier, and agent all at the same time? I can only think of our industry.

Safelite is your competitor. If you are in their network, they are your customer. If you buy from Service Glass, they are your supplier. And if you send them your invoices instead of sending them to your customer's insurance company, they are your agent.

Also consider: in how many industries does a company not actually in the industry itself virtually dictate selling price to those who actually are in it and foolishly allow them to? (Any suspicion that it is our industry and that I am referring to NAGS is pure conjecture on your part.)

In how many industries does a third party succeed in telling its customers where they must seek relief for their problem and how much money the relief giver may receive? (Again, if you think I am referring to our industry and insurance companies, that is purely and surely your conjecture.)

Over and over, the sheep in the meadow cry on this portal year after year: why does Safelite do this, why does NAGS do that, why do the insurance companies do this and that? Because you let them, folks. And that is what makes the auto glass industry truly unique. Sadly, the preponderance of industry participants are morons.

Re: The auto glass industry is truly unique

You've got a unique way of nailing it Carlos.

bendover

Hey Carlos, please come here and run for mayor.

Carlos
There are many industries that are similar to what we do.
check out medical field, Oil, Orange juice, Food, Drugs

what we have is not unique.

We have fewer regulations than many industries.

Ylos
Carlos

Thank you for your input, Ylos. In this case, I guess I must now join the Safelite network, accept their network pricing, start sending all my bills to them for adjudication, and begin to follow and adhere to the dictates of NAGS religiously and pray with the other sheep that NAGS will be kind to us and condescend to go up a little bit once in a while. I had thought we were unique, Ylos, but you straightened me out and now I a cured. The blessings of the third parties are now with me too.

AND ..... Can you imagine , if your a small shop doing good # s ... safelite builds a store right across the street from you . WOW , I wonder how they got the market insight into if that might be a good location ?

ylos ? you are completely wrong and have not a single clue as to what you are saying !! nice cover name though!

Ylos
Carlos

This is probably a waste of time, but what the heck...I haven't beaten my head against a posting board wall for some months...

Ylos, please point out the similarities for me, that we have with the medical field, Food, Drugs, Oil, and .......ORANGE JUICE??

Elaborate please, I'm on the edge of my seat.

JMHNLO

well I would guess I wouldn't have to explain to you who all say that the "auto glass industry is unique".
I am sure that your comments are based on knowledge of other industries so I wouldn't really need to explain as you already know.

So before all of you say that we in the auto glass industry suffer because we go thru things NO OTHER business on the planet goes thru.
You would base that on things you know not things you speculate.

Now wont you take the time to investigate what Auto Glass has in common with other business and industry before you say you are a Unicorn.

Then and only then can you or should you knock a comparison you didn't even bother to compare.

Hard work isn't done for you.

Someone needs to go back to school and do some hard work in grammar.

Rocky
Someone needs to go back to school and do some hard work in grammar.

This guy's problem goes way beyond grammar. His thinking process is totally in the muff.

Ylos
well I would guess I wouldn't have to explain to you who all say that the "auto glass industry is unique".
I am sure that your comments are based on knowledge of other industries so I wouldn't really need to explain as you already know.

So before all of you say that we in the auto glass industry suffer because we go thru things NO OTHER business on the planet goes thru.
You would base that on things you know not things you speculate.

Now wont you take the time to investigate what Auto Glass has in common with other business and industry before you say you are a Unicorn.

Then and only then can you or should you knock a comparison you didn't even bother to compare.

Hard work isn't done for you.

Pretty much what I expected.

Yada Yada Yada....what ever.

JMHNLO

I have a friend that has a small town Pharmacy. They have a similar issue as we do. The big Ins. Co. say. If you want the customers on our policies then you will sell at XXX. Big box store guys do it for that and if you want any of the pie you will to. WE ALLL know how price is king and service is often thrown out the window. Their TPA'S are the insurance company's hammering price price PRICE. They steer and manipulate customers to the lowest price around. Similar not the same but small guys will NEVER play on a even field with Big Business. Ask you supplier if you doubled or tripled your order what you discount would be. The small guy will always fight for a piece of the pie. That is business. The bigger you are the more you have to work with better budget more profit more clout with suppliers. With all that said RAGE RAGE against the machine we can offer things they can't. Just don't expect a sudden oh we're sorry did you feel slighted. YOU are a BUSINESS owner DEAL with IT. JMHO

J.A.D.
I have a friend that has a small town Pharmacy. They have a similar issue as we do. The big Ins. Co. say. If you want the customers on our policies then you will sell at XXX. Big box store guys do it for that and if you want any of the pie you will to. WE ALLL know how price is king and service is often thrown out the window. Their TPA'S are the insurance company's hammering price price PRICE. They steer and manipulate customers to the lowest price around. Similar not the same but small guys will NEVER play on a even field with Big Business. Ask you supplier if you doubled or tripled your order what you discount would be. The small guy will always fight for a piece of the pie. That is business. The bigger you are the more you have to work with better budget more profit more clout with suppliers. With all that said RAGE RAGE against the machine we can offer things they can't. Just don't expect a sudden oh we're sorry did you feel slighted. YOU are a BUSINESS owner DEAL with IT. JMHO

True, and in a NORMAL open market, I would agree.

But,it's NOT the same as pharmacists, doctors, dentists, nor your small hardware store.

There is NO such thing as an HMO/PPO/Preferred Provider policy in Property/Casualty insurance, nor any laws to govern them, because it does NOT exist. They are selling an INDEMNIFICATION policy and then delivering an HMO/PPO Policy in practice to the insured.

You can shift it to "no one is complaining" or "you're the only one" or "we've done it that way for years" or any other side stepping evasive answer, but the point is, the only reason they get away with acting like a third wheel in a two party contract of repair, is because we let them, and NONE of their side stepping explanations make it RIGHT.

NONE but TWO (to my knowledge) have pointed this out to any courts so far, and both that have, have won. The others, want to ride the fence and LIKE the network/DRP relationships when it works for them, but complain only when it begins to harm them. You cannot have it both ways, you either have an open competitive market, or you don't. Choose one, but once in bed with someone, you'll find it difficult to divest yourself of that relationship and it's consequences (but certainly not impossible).

And BTW, you'll note that you don't see many on the medical side complaining, albeit you will see small pharmacists selling out to consolidating pharmacists. None so far as I have seen, go to the poorhouse. The reason is, most of the ones that sold, retired AND sold, and comfortably I might add, but few would tell you they were selling products below their cost.

Also, the product IS the majority of the sale they make, where service is the majority of the sale we make, or should be. As someone once said, we aren't in the windshield selling business, we're in the SERVICE business. Another big difference folks like Ylos chose to ignore when "comparing".

Next, the liability differences...no, later.

Need a snack now...

HTH and JMHNLO

J.A.D.

J.A.D., long time no see.. There is a big difference between health insurance policies and auto insurance policies! Also, when one industry service provider colludes with a different industry in order to gain an unfair competitive advantage over its competitors it is illegal. JMHO

Agreed. The elite insurance will never allow Real change as Mark1 pointed out the have the two step / side step/ Box step /fox trot down to a science.
Perhaps I'm getting tired of the games and just want a little rest and reprieve.
J.A.D

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com