AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2017 ford explorer

We all know about the Explorer change in 2014 where the side moldings are difficult to remove.I have now replaced 3 2017 ford explorer windshields under warranty for glass issues and they supplied the new moldings.
Well Ford has made it even better for us in 2017. Along with the new Butal strip they put on the molding the factory has added 3 spots of epoxy to help the moldings stay on. So before you might get them off with a couple of clips broken, well now your lucky to get them off without damaging the other part of the molding. Thanks Ford for the better idea!!!

Re: 2017 ford explorer

Just order the updated Side moldings from Service. They work like a dream and also can be reused. Best side molding for these ford exploders. I think its like a kwf2023 or something like that.

Hi,
Any further info on the "updated side moldings" you got from Ford? I can't find any info on them for my 2017 Exp. Email me at daviator@hotmail.com with any info you can provide.

Thanks

I noticed that as well on a 2017 Explorer. I'm like WTF, this is also GLUED on?!?! I literally broke the outer shell in half trying to separate it. I now buy this kit on every new Explorer windshield.

RH and LH Side Mldg ‎(‎Pair‎) -‎ GGG ‎1843 ‎S KIT‎

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com